Evoker "Rescue in place" macro?

Is it possible to make a Mouseover macro that will use rescue to swoop to a party member but NOT move them? So the target for the spell is at the party member’s feet. And is it possible for this behavior to be on CTRL press and normal behavior can be used without extra key press modifiers?

The goal is to use rescue as a quick escape or to apply damage absorb from talents while minimizing disrupting the what the party member is doing.

No. Reticle spells can only be targeted @cursor or @player.

And Rescue can only be setup as an @unit (mouseover) macro or a reticle macro, not both at the same time.

That makes sense!

With those restrictions in mind I got my macro working mostly, it rescues the target and pulls them to my location. I am just having trouble with the mouseover part, it only works if I click on the party member’s unit frame. Here’s what I have, if anyone can help me with why the mouseover isn’t working:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, @player, help, nodead] [] Rescue
/target [@target]

Trying to circumvent that with /target commands tends to cause race condition issues.

@mouseover

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Rescue

@player

#showtooltip
/cast [@player] Rescue

This frequently causes race condition issues but sort of works [if you’re targeting someone you cannot rescue while mousing over someone else]. You need to hit it twice, first time displays the “hand”, 2nd press rescues your mouseover target to you.

#showtooltip
/target [@mouseover,help,nodead]
/cast [@player] Rescue