Evoker prepatch release is going to be interesting

Nah we will channel them into the maw to help Slyvanas find those souls she needs.

It’s been announced for a while. Maybe literally the day after the trailer dropped.

They’ve explicitly confirmed no Evoker Mage Tower and that’s big sadge.

Yep. Back in April. Thus, I missed it. Stuff happens. There were a lot of interviews. I can’t remember everything. Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m hoping for a 3-month pre-purchase for those leveling a Dracthyr the space and time they need to clear the zones and get to healing after base-line groups hit 70 levels.

Hooray for healers!

Do wonder what they plan to do for Enhancement Shamans, if anything I’m going to miss Chain Harvest because it was like having Chain Heal and Chain Lightning hitting at the same time, was a HUGE boon to my AoE damage and healing utility.

No, no, and no.

By the time of the pre-patch, old expansion power-ups will likely be non-functional as we migrate into the next expansion.

It’s extremely likely that joining a covenant in 10.0 will only mean getting the signature ability and no class ability. For example, you would get soulshape, but no convoke.

Legendaries will also probably no longer work, because they like to turn them off after an expansion as well. And if they do, they likely won’t work outside of shadowlands content.

I can totally see conduits getting disabled as well, at least out of SL areas.

At the end of the day, Evokers will be a bit half baked in the pre-patch, and this isn’t unusual for an “early access” class. DH was the same. It’s only for 2-3 weeks, probably.

There won’t be enough time for it to matter. They’ll make sure evoker is strong enough to do the content, sure enough, but they’re not gonna look at the level 60 balance of it that hard.

2 Likes

They could make a basic set gear for them like they did with DH. I have a feeling that all class/spec specific abilities and soulbinds from covenants will be removed (added as talents) and the general abilities will still be there for all classes to use. I doubt covenants will go away as theres a lot of rewards tied to each of them, so evokers can get their sets.

Kind of curious how they will work with Torghast (unless they arent allowed) if they get basic buffs etc

Game wont be balanced around lvl60 once the pre patch is live

My curiousity is how will Legion work for Evokers?

Dont be a lone ranger lol…hell i missed it to…and i try to stay closely tuned in to all thats going on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To give Blizzard some credit, they’ll probably somewhat stick to how they handled ‘retiring’ BfA’s borrowed power. That is, it all still works unless you’re doing stuff that’s a higher level than BfA. SL stuff will probably be like that as well, working as it currently does except for in the Dragon Isles/61+ instanced content, where it’ll be turned off.

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle the tier sets since this is the first one they’ve had since the end of Legion. They’ll probably proactively disable them outright to prevent the old shenanigans that used to happen with tier bonuses, but they could also choose to disable them in DF content like the other stuff or just let it ride with them enabled and see if they have to address any issues at 70.

1 Like

Dalaran will be the hub where they get quests, they won’t have a campaign or weapon. They don’t need anymore than the breadcrumb quests for each zone