Evoker or Warlock? I can't choose

Evoker healer I love, and I do love healing it’s my main thing.

But it’s DPS spec is just horrendous.

Warlock is amazing as a DPS and not only that but offers 3 different playstyles I can see myself happily playingwith.

WHAT DO I DO

Delete the game.

2 Likes

play both? play the one you feel like playing in the moment? play neither and pick a class that better fits what you overall enjoy?

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t know much about Evokers, but just try it out during the prepatch, and if you end up finding it fun, then go for it.

Otherwise, stick with your Warlock. I’ll be sticking with mine.

Basically, what I am trying to say, play which ever you find fun, and don’t worry about the forums. People will all have different opinions and only you can discover what is good for you.

Horrendous how? Low damage? Bad design? If you’re worried about numbers, don’t. They’ll change often between now and S1. If you just don’t like how it’s designed, go lock.

2 Likes

Wait for evoker for prepatch, get it leveled, do a few pieces of content, and see which one you have more fun with by launch

Play Warlock until Evoker DPS becomes tolerable. Or get a buddy to level a tank while you heal.

Warlock was always the only answer

4 Likes

Try out both and go with the one you have more fun with

Well depends, how do you feel about wings?

Evokers get them.

Warlocks had them stolen.

I get this. Maybe it just needs some balance tuning or whatever, but it’s certainly a spec that needs some… Finesse.

I think devastation has a lot of potential. Frost DK is my second choice since it has 3 or 4 potential fun builds. Playing devastation on the beta it felt like theres only 2 builds and only one of them really works.

Ive tried a few crazy things, one of my favorites, but pretty lame as far as damage goes was talents for both empowered ability cooldowns reduction and trying to get as much uptime of the 2/4 piece set bonuses, but that one just didn’t have the damage of the blue build.

Red build has potential, but that also felt kinda weak compared to just modifying blue build with a few talents and replacing laser breath with pyre.

Honestly, I feel the biggest issue with Evoker is that pyre just kinda sucks compared to disintegrate. The latest buff to it was nice, but hopefully it gets a bit more love.

Pick the combination of two. In which case I’d like to ask everyone else. What would be the child of a combination of Evoker + Warlock. :kissing:

Frost mage.

It’s just a warker. Not much use. To the point of phenomenon.

Like how when two overly hot people have a kid, and it somehow ends up ugly.

2 Likes

You think you got a looker but it turns out they just spent a bunch of gold at the damned barber shops.

2 Likes

Let the dark whispers surround u……. Join us in the void and shadow!! :cloud_with_rain: :octopus:

1 Like

Play a warlock DPS and a evoker healer. This isn’t rocket science. Alts are nowhere near as painful to play as in shadowlands.

Warlocks are always a solid choice

Warlock if you want to have fun. We’re also just better.