Evoker Looks Confusing

I admit I haven’t done a ton of research on it but I’ve watched Max ( idk which team he is apart of now but he is the one that raid leads world firsts) and I just don’t understand how the spells work. They have combo points, but are like different combo points? They have a mana bar, but don’t use mana? They have a few casts, but some of those casts can be powered for bigger spells? Looks like something you’ll have to play for a while to get used to…

thats why you need to type advance in the field to play as one

1 Like

Yea I saw that, made me laugh lol

Does this mean we can report bad evokers because they clearly lied and weren’t advanced?

:smile:

when the beta is out ill give it a try if i like it then ill make one if not then ill stay on dk

lol no we can put them on ignore list lol

Your first mistake was listening to a world first raider. Listening to someone like that is going to bewilder the vast majority of the player base. Stop listening to the top 1%. Listen to how normal players are interacting with the Evoker if you want a more rational and reasonable take on the class.

That being said blizz literally make you type in “Advanced” before you create an evoker. So it may be that it is more complex by comparison. Give it time to get used to it. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out and either blizz has to backtrack on the class or you can happily ignore it exists.

1 Like

Hopefully I get beta :sob:

Gonna be great throwing people off edges with that swoop spell

I wasn’t listening to him explain, he was doing keys. Was mostly just him and a few other streamers just goofing around, no real evoker talk was in it.

1 Like

Really? The class hasn’t looked confusing at all to me based off of everything I’ve seen.

I thought it looked pretty boring tbh.

1 Like

It usually takes a bit to figure out what to do with a new spec. Well…unless you’ve only got like 4 buttons with Havoc, or something. But with this, as far as I know they’re trying a completely new mechanic (that charging thing). So it might be even less immediately intuitive. /shrug

Yea, again I haven’t done a ton of research. Just watching Max do a few dungeons with it. It could be one of the easiest things :person_shrugging:

i think that counter item will stop it
and need to be ion a group

Max is probably not the right guy to explain things. He understands the game from the upper .01% and probably has 0 clue how to explain the game to an average noob like myself.

push button
or hold the spell make boom big numbers

I mean is it like DH where you want to be in meta a lot to get the extra haste and perhaps healing buffs as much as possible? Or is it a ramp up thing like demo lock where I think they get as many demons and go boom in a tiny little window of a few seconds?

wish i knew friendo

It’s funny to me how even to this day, a lot of pre-legion classes, particularly sub rogue, were significantly more complex than modern classes.

To the point where a supposedly “Advanced” class looks dirt simple to play for me.

Its advanced when you consider the average WoW player.

1 Like

played an mmorpg got stuff just like this. confusing at first but you learn eventually. same issue though they don’t recommend those classes to newer players but those classes tend to buy strong over all as well unless get nerfed but this mmorpg i play rotates their meta usually it’s the slower classes to play that are originally in the top 10

Oops! No evoker for you!!! I guess you’ll have to play some other class.

To play evoker you must type “advanced” not “advance”.