Evoker empowered spells not releasing properly

I’ve noticed that sometimes empowered spells continue to empower even though you only pressed the key once, even with the casting option set to “Hold and Release”, which should cast a level 1 empowered version automatically. For Blizzard’s QA out there, repo rate is 100%. It happens when the spell is batched, like if you press the key when the GCD is 90% done or so (say at 10 or 11 on a clockface). Pressing a key that close to the end of the GCD naturally just casts that spell the moment it can be, but with empowered spells, doing this acts as if you’re holding the key down when you’re not, and it empowers up on it’s own. Happens 100% of the time, would love to see this get fixed. Thanks!

6 Likes

Same is happening to me. Although I didn’t notice the GCD part of it, good eye. Hope they fix this.

1 Like

Yep been finagling with it, looking around seems others have same issue

2 Likes

Yes this is still happening for me as well. Its maddening and I would hope it can be hotfixed.

2 Likes

Yep still happening; however, my elvui action bar setting was set to ‘key down.’ I unchecked it and now I do not seem to have issues atm. More to be revealed.