Evil horde narrative

I think akiyass just loves to argue.

Lithya is Akiyass?

Woaā€¦ broā€¦

Maybe. I was on debate team in High School and during my time as an undergrad in college. I think the idea of objective morality is simply unpopular in todays society, my guess is because itā€™s often associated with religion, which is in rapid decline. Even religious people these days donā€™t seem to believe that religion is absolutely needed to be a good person.

I just think the idea of subjective morals to be lazy at best. I can say reprehensible act is evil, and the moral relativistā€™s argument is, in essence ā€œWell, thatā€™s likeā€¦ Your opinion, man.ā€

I refuse that premise whole heartedly. Reprehensible act is evil not because I think it is, but because it is reprehensible. The moral relativist cannot argue that without admitting their own moral values are wrong considering a certain perspective. Which is pure hypocrisy, and as I have been saying, dishonesty with one self.

I do support this, however.

I didnā€™t scroll up beyond the post just above his. This is why we need pages. I never feel like scrolling up because itā€™s just an endless scroll.

Iā€™m sorry.

I forgive you.
And ready to love you.

Come. Embrace me and my friendship.
But donā€™t touch the tentacles.

1 Like

I dunno. I think morality is relative, not as an excuse to hand-wave away older actions, but to be able to see how far society has come since then, and to hope that itā€™ll continue to improve in the future. Just as we can look back on history and see how far weā€™ve come, ideally later generations will be able to evolve to a better state when they look back on us.

I feel that believing morality to be static gives people an excuse to not have to reflect on how they act. Because if they already believe their concept of moral behavior to be perfect, whatā€™s there to improve or reconsider?

2 Likes

The horde having civil wars isnā€™t much of a surprise considering the fact that this is a group with all sorts of different cultures working together, which would definitely lead to inner strife.

1 Like

Soā€™s the Alliance, honestly. There could have been multiple times throughout WoW where night elves and dwarves were at each othersā€™ throats considering their vastly different approaches to forestry.

Before Cata, worgen were just as bloodthirsty and viscous as any undead, yet with a few thumbs up from the night elves, no one seems to be bothered.

And now you have void elves, who, from the times Iā€™ve fought their NPCs, seem a little pscyhotic. I imagine Blizzard will never let that boil up into the Allianceā€™s face either.

Iā€™m not sure the Alliance can handle internal faction conflict. It would be interesting though.

10 Likes

Internal conflict is only good when both sides have a point or itā€™s cultures colliding. Internal conflict that involves killing your own faction is not good.

2 Likes

No matter how you want to slice it, the Lightforged should be just a little suspicious of the Void Elves, shouldnā€™t they?

2 Likes

I think it could easily, but Blizzard wonā€™t put much effort into it because it destroys their ā€œunityā€ mantra. So any inner conflict will be marginalized and easily forgotten about later.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s that, Anya? Did you say Tyrande will forgive Anduin for releasing Saurfang from custody? :smirk:

2 Likes

You know sheā€™s going to :smiley:

2 Likes

And sheā€™ll bend over backwards praising Anduinā€™s wisdom. Because Anduin can do no wrong.

5 Likes

Magic bones.

3 Likes

Technically, the idea that their own king released an orc from their prison on purpose might raise some serious eyebrows among the people of Stormwind.

One can take it even further since said orc was probably a high ranking commander who took part in the First War sacking of the city.

Realistically, Anduin might have riots on his hand if word ever got out that he let Saurfang go.

I doubt Blizzard thinks about details like this though.

6 Likes

What? Anduin have any real conflict that wont just magically fix it self with the power of light love? Seems far fetched to me!

Seriously though, I do like Anduin but he is getting painfully marry sueish without any real internal struggles. Its amazing that the Alliance leaders are so perfectly good at the job of ruling. If only Horde leaders had that kind of plot armor.

3 Likes

I do feel that Blizzards Narrative was supposed to be something different for Anduin where he would try to live up to his fathers image.

However I feel that his character and Jaina are being written in the same way they have been portrayed in the Novels. ā€œthatā€ writer seem refuses to paint these characters as doing anything that could be as construed as wrong, evil or unjustified.

Jaina has bounced so many times from being aggressively angry to mellow to angry again Iā€™ve lost count. Obviously this was due to having different writers driving the character in different directions.

Anduin is being written as a messiah like character who seems to have no flaws and will lead the Alliance and horde in unity.

Blizzard need to man up take control of these characters and make the Alliance a serious protagonist to the Horde. Not to say the Alliance needs to go evil and cruel but no more half measures, no more seeking peace, no more expecting the horde to change. Let the Alliance seek to end the Horde threat that has plagued them for years.

Then the Horde can feel like there is an actual a threat to their freedoms and rights. Gives them a reason to fight beyond our warchief is nuts.

6 Likes

Would be nice but Iā€™m losing hope that it will ever happen. Iā€™d almost say just let Anduin have his way and merge the Alliance and Horde under him then give Sylvanas and her player base their own playable faction. Still have two factions and we could end this Horde vs Alliance story that blizzard clearly cant seem to get right.