@ everyone saying to bake gargoyle into apoc

I mean, to be fair no one uses it on live now much at all. At least if it was baked into apoc it would not require a talent.
I just want it back baseline in general though as its own skill.

its reverse logic though, nobody takes it because its a talent that competes with unholy frenzy. it was never supposed to be a talent.

If it can’t compete with Unholy Frenzy, is it really worthy of being a cooldown ? Maybe it’s time they actually revise it, this ain’t WotLK anymore.

1 Like

Yeah they need to do something with it, that’s for sure.

by commenting on everything, you are attempting to control the narrative.

yes, i need it, and in its seperate spell form. i dont want 5 spells that do 50 things, i want 50 spells.

the fact that i can handle 50 spells and you cant is what makes UHDK fun.

nobody cares if a DH reaches glad because its easy. nobody cares if a HMP kills them because ret is easy. nobody cares if a BM is top dps because BM is easy.

easy isn’t impressive, and is fundamentally unfun for someone looking to play something complex and difficult.

you are new to DK, and all it seems is you want to play your old class with DK themes.

So by offering my opinion in the same way you can, I am somehow “Attempting to control the narrative”.

That’s your take, just making sure.

I also dislike this new trend of Macro abilities, basically multiple spells shoved into a button. It goes against the spirit of putting things on the GCD to not make 1 shot macros.

However, having 50 spells doesn’t make sense either, it makes any spec lose its sort of core design philosophy as it suddenly has too many core mechanics. It also robs specs of a sort of intuitive gameplay, where you can somewhat figure how to order things and align them for maximum efficiency.

Once a spec just comes a mashup of multiple core mechanics, it might as well simply have none. It also creates the effect of having to run sims with multiple APLs to figure out the actual best way to play, because there’s no intuitiveness about what you’re trying to accomplish.

That doesn’t mean that specs like Unholy need to be butchered to the current (albeit short lived) design of having everything into Apoc. But it does mean a good, gameplay defining competition on L50 is important, not just make Unholy Frenzy defacto, and it does mean having a solid core kit with a well defined identity. DT+Apoc+Army, Wounds build and spend, with a simply DoT upkeep was fine, Gargoyle that adds a Runic pump and dump is a bit much.

No, I am not. Not having mained it doesn’t mean I haven’t played it. This DK is 9/9 gold CM in Mists for instance.

if we do it together we can probably get blizz to rename the spell to gargoylie mcgargoyleface.

you’re right, my comment is on the extreme end so lets dial it back, and in some cases it works well, unholy frenzy for example does several things. but that is also why i basically have to take it over gargoyle.

i can use it for wound generation to save me GCDs, for more haste which i can use for more attacks, or faster rune regen.

so spells doing multiple things is a good thing, it makes them valuable.

however, gargoyle was never supposed to be a optional spell. in fact moving it to the bottom of the tree and making it mandatory and core defining unholy was how blizz broke 32/39 back in wrath.

IMO it was probably added as a talent in BfA because the devs couldn’t think of anything else to put in that row.

so i did go on the PTR and give this build a wirl on the test dummy, and its useable, buggy with our pet spells not changing, but its just off. i comboed AotDmd with necrobargin and vision of perfection and had 100% uptime on DT.

which also occurs to me, not often, but every once in a while i need leap instead of charge from my ghoul.

this setup combined with IC and bursting sores seems tailor made for endless dungeon trash, however necrobargin is pvp. which is another OT point, some of our pvp spells open access to our most amazing playstyles, you guys are QQing about GCD filled PVE openers while i’ve spent the expac running around wintergrasp doing my best lich queen impression.

it doesn’t mean you haven’t played it, but there is a difference in expertise of a class between a main and an alt. but you are on DK now, so best time to plant a tree and such.

I don’t see why I have to subscribe to your opinion and push for a common thread when we seem to disagree.

I mean, I did do Gold CMs, I did do most Heroic raids on it and this DK was used for our Mythic Aggramar progression, as the “Carry us to victory you glorious undergeared tank” role of controlling the pile of adds in the back.

It’s not like I don’t actually understand Death Knights just because this used to be an alt.

actually that’s exactly what an alt means. tell you what, play that DK, and only that DK for the whole of SL, at the end of the expac come back and tell me what you think of current you’s opinion.

Uh… you and I have a different view and way to play alts. If I’m going to be bringing an alt into content, I make sure to research it.

icy veins is called a beginners guide for a reason.

What makes you think that my research stops there ?

I mean, are you really surprised I stopped engaging with you on the GCD thing ? You seem to have 0 conversational skills.

You’ve literally done less in BfA on that DK of yours than I did on mine for instance.

1 Like

i’m sure it doesn’t, but that doesn’t make you an expert. i started with rogue, and i have two spriests, i dont claim to be an expert in either, even though i can take either into a BG and destroy.

you have like 4700 honor kills. i’ve done 3256 this week, and its only saturday.

we dont have to agree on everything. life isn’t black and white. we can agree on some things and disagree on other things. its foolish to go “i disagree with someone on X therefore i am diametrically opposed to them.”

He doesnt. All he does is epic bgs and think thats real content and that gives him an idea of how the spec actually works/perform(Hint: It doesnt.), then come flooding the forums with nonsense and stupidity.

1 Like

or maybe i fully understand how it works and pvp is the only thing that keeps me from getting bored.

i’d also like to know why you are suddenly so hostile?

Again epic bgs are not real pvp, its trivial content. Go do some arenas, get past 2.2k then youll have a good grasp of how the sspec works in pvp.

2s partner is afk, but i just mainly dont like arenas. and its not like my epic build is that far off from the arena build.

but still, you went from /saluteing me in S2 to talking trash, when did i piss in your cheerios?

It would probably be fine if it was like it was in Wrath. Baseline, acts like wrath.

Unrated battlegrounds. That is your rebuttal ?

I win.

I’ve said as much. If Gargoyle were Gargoyle, then it’s just a button press every 3 minutes. There’s no underlying extra mechanics to it and it thus is pretty neutral on its effect on the overall Unholy gameplay.

nope, you lose. if you can only win an argument by saying your oppenent is invalid, then you can’t win your argument. i question your overall mastery and knowledge of the class, i dont sit here and say you are a bad player because you haven’t done the content i deem worthy.

you see i try to keep a wide range of content in mind with my feedback. PVE and PVP, i dont just sit here and say only my content matters, nobody else’s does, thats pure selfishness.

epics are hybrid of pve and pvp, meaning you need to be good at both to do well. im exceptional at them and have the REFlex log to back up that claim.