Every update forces me to reinstall

Every recent update on the game has given me the error BLZBNTAGT00000840 and cancels the download. Scanning and repairing doesnt help anything and I have to reinstall the game. Before the updates it works just fine and I can play like normal.
I have no clue whats making this happen as going to the error code page doesn’t give any information other than its something with a file.

Don’t reinstall, reboot your computer, has been happening to me too and this lets the update go through.

I’ve tried rebooting and still game connects but won’t launch. I tried to do a ticket but system won’t accept without downloaded file - which I lack tech skills to find. Don’t have error code, sign in shows game is running but I’m locked into sign in page. Ideas?

Sorry, above posted with an old (I think deleted) character. I’m wondering if uninstalling game would help? I have Windows 10 which isn’t supposed to be incompatible. I’m about ready to give up.

ill try that next time it gets one, but so far the only way it worked was reinstalling

Out of curiosity, there is one more thing you can check before you restart your computer.

If you’re in Windows, open Task Manager or Resource Monitor (and view the CPU tab) and look for WowVoiceProxy.exe when the game isn’t running. If you see it, close it (the process tree), then try updating again.

There’s a long standing bug that you could be seeing and blocks many players from updating. The error link recommends general things to try, but not this resolution.