The REAL reason behind the queues

Yes, another every server is full post. However I want to offer a unique take on why this might be.

What if Blizzard is reluctant to keep releasing more Classic servers not because they feel there will be a drop off (because let’s face it, even with a drop off this is definitely not enough servers), not because of technical difficulties, but instead to protect themselves and their jobs.

What I mean is Classic was presented to the public and their investors as a nice little side addition to the main game, not something which is supposed to overtake the main game, and for good reason.

If your old game starts doing better than your new game in the long term then people start to ask questions. “Why do people love this older version so much more?”

It then becomes apparent that colossal, monumental mistakes were made with the current game, and in many cases the playerbase was simply forcibly ignored (PvP vendors, Titanforging).

I realize I make this post at risk of sounding like Charlie talking about Pepe Silva but I’m being serious. A lot of the current heads of Blizzard have a massive vested interest in Classic not being successful in a way that is atypical of most heads of most companies releasing a major product.

25 Likes

I do think this is the case. Retail is their focus and that is it.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s a stretch that the “you think you do but you don’t” guy has a vested interested in not eating even more crow over Classic

15 Likes

I would LOVE to see Brack own his failures

3 Likes

I agree completely. Why else would everything be this much of a disaster??

2 Likes

Either that or they changed the way server status is calculated to better reflect reality.

Right, a for-profit publicly held company’s executives are shirking their fiduciary responsibilities to protect their jobs…which would cost them their jobs.

2 Likes

Good point, never thought about that. Stonks are up, though.

4 Likes

Every server is full because when one server has a queue, a bunch of people who have absolutely no intention of playing on another server have to make a level 1 and run around talking. We’re seeing this already, and we saw this every single time a server has crashed for the entire life of this game.

1 Like

Everquest started their TLP servers forever ago, and their live game is doing just fine, people are still buying the expansions, Sony (or whatever Russian company that owns it now) is still making money.

The same will happen here.

I lol’d, thanks for the laugh

2 Likes

They can get away with it. They have the excuse they released more servers. They have the excuse every one of their launches goes this way, and they know it. It doesn’t put them in as much jeopardy to try and sabotage Classic as Classic being successful puts them in.

Or maybe Blizzard just doesn’t hire very good people. They wouldn’t be the first company to value loyalty over skill.

1 Like

You think their parent company is happy about losing a player base accustomed to making micro transations for mounts and cosmetics? Of course they want people back in retail…

8 Likes

I feel same way to be honest and way they’re handling the whole situation is clearly suggesting you might be 100% right.;

2 Likes

Not only that, but they also probably hope the queues entice some new or returning people to abandon trying Classic and try BFA instead.

1 Like

I get this take. I really understand the concept of “Why would they want to do this? your perspective is crazy!” and I keep seeing it as the defense of blizzard’s lack of effort to get this stupid game rolling. But a real for-profit publicly-held company attitude is not to have a bunch of servers in the red and do nothing to get this fixed. Thats the real confusing thing about all of this.

2 Likes

Who is Pepe Silvia??

2 Likes

Exactly. This is atypical to a degree we haven’t seen before even from Blizzard.

more like “You think you queue, but you don’t” at this point

3 Likes