Every game in Blizzards portfolio is

Dead or dying … its sad my dudes

57 Likes

19 Likes

If you think about it, Blizzard’s team is shrinking while Activision’s team is growing. Also, when was the last real innovative Blizzard game came out? Was that Overwatch?

All other games after that have been repeated content for WoW, remastered old games, and announcements with no release date even several years after.

14 Likes

They need a new IP. None of their current ones are going to radically change their format.

5 Likes

Won’t be surprised if the new IP just goes full on mobile.

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to Diablo II remaster… though with some hesitation with how Warcraft III came out.

3 Likes

How many years?

Sometimes I feel like Reforged was botched on purpose so Blizzard can re-sell the original Warcraft III without all the awful changes. I know it’s a bit tin-foil hat-y but it seems like something Blizzard would do.

3 Likes

I was excited about Overwatch… it died quick tho

3 Likes

I’d look forward to that more if it wasn’t meant to wet our appetites for the Diablo franchise in anticipation of D4 which is still a couple of years out.

It’s going to be out in the 2nd half of 2021 according to Blizzard.

2 Likes

Hopefully but I’m not gonna hold my breath

1 Like

Actually, Blizzard has another company redoing D2. I read somewhere that another IP is doing the animation and updating while Blizzard is just working on the small changes such as the inventory and such.

1 Like

The game has already had it’s alpha, with beta most likely out soon, and Blizzard make the announcement that it will be out this year. Rest assured it will be out this year. In the mean time, you can go play FFXIV. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Yeah, I think Overwatch was the last game they put out, and that was like 5 or 6 years ago?

Starcraft really needs some love. I think they removed or reassigned the RTS staff a while ago. This is a huge shame because Starcraft (first one) was AMAZING and I used to play it almost religiously. Did not get into SC2 the same way, but it was a quality title.

Diablo 3 is completely outclassed by PoE, and we’ve been hearing about D4 for a very very long time. I had a lot of fun with D3, but it came out in 2012…

I have binders of Magic the Gathering cards and IRL friends… so never got into hearthstone.
League of Legends exists… so never got into HOTS

Overwatch was a really great FPS. I like it. I didn’t like the Esports push though… A bunch of exactly the same team mirror match each other for hours and hours trying to set up the exact same OP combo… Not fun at all. I also like Torbjorn and I get a lot of ShYtE for playing him from the community.

Don’t get me started on SL and BFA…

4 Likes

Sort of. Vicarious Visions merged with Blizzard and is now working on the project. But that’s actually a good thing.

2 Likes

Your phones will save us

2 Likes

My prediction for Blizzard in 2030. World of Call of Duty.

3 Likes

It’s kind of Blizzard’s schtick, though, to go years between releasing major titles. I mean if we just start with Starcraft:

-Starcraft: 1998
-Diablo II - 2000
-Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos - 2002
-World of Warcraft: 2004
-Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - 2010
-Diablo III: 2012
-Hearthstone: 2014
-Heroes of the Storm: 2015
-Overwatch: 2016

It feels like we’re in that WoW - SC2 era of 6 years between anything new with just a few WoW expansions, to be honest. So we’ve seen this before, people just weren’t as anti-Blizzard as they are now.

That said, they really have let almost all of their IPs suffer across the board. I still kind of laugh every time Blizzard tries to push anything Starcraft related, given the fact the only part of that game that’s alive is the esports. Which I guess was the case for Starcraft I but it’s still a shame to let such a cool world die.

4 Likes

Well I can see how WoW completely overshadowed everything when it was launched and delayed other projects. MMOs are a ton of work after all.

Also don’t forget (I wish I could) they did release WC3 Refored last year.

In 2019 a former developer tweeted that two multi-year projects were canceled and that was why he left. Also that Blizzard only releases about 50% of the projects they work on. Blizzard also cancelled the 2nd D3 xpac and started over on D4 from scratch. Really their problems seem to be at a top level.

6 Likes