EU Article 13 cross contaminating USA forums?

One of my prior threads led to a meme being posted by another person. I made a suggestion for a different meme. I am not a meme creator. Not normally, but why would I expect anyone else to make a meme I want to see. Minutes later I made that meme. Came back to post it, but by then my ability to post links was rescinded. I had no problems posting links before. Now I was blocked after a meme suggestion. Is this one of the effects of the European Union’s Article 13 crackdown on intercontinental meme trafficking? Has Blizzard been contaminated?

I don’t think the issues are related. You’re not allowed to post links, except to certain pre-approved websites. This is for security, and is unrelated to Article 13, as far as I know.

Been the case for as long as I can remember.

Article 13 won’t be implemented for at least more years anyway. It might not even happen honestly by then.

Also: it has no power outside of the EU.

Wait people are trying to copyright memes???

Crazy new EU copyright laws written by people who have never used the internet and ignored the experts who insisted it would effectively break the internet. It basically makes it illegal to post anything anywhere if anyone else has a copyright on it, whether they assert the copyright or not. Ie. No more fair use.

I can only assume it’s being pushed for by Big-VPN since, literally, the only ones who are going to benefit from it are VPNs.

2 Likes

The internet should have remained anonymous forever…

What meme hosting sites are allowed for linking? I will test my first meme here.

As much as article 13 NEEDS to burn to the ground they have added provisions in it, that makes memes safe and you can link news stuff freely.

Your threads are hilarious, son. Better than Saqe’s by any stretch of the imagination.

Just to play along here, I’m going to tell you that you likely need to earn a thing call “Forum Trust” before you can post certain links and things like photos and .gifs (memes). Read up that here in this post:

1 Like

Thanks. You know, the fun does not stay in the confines of the executable. I appreciate the interest you have shown as well.