Eternity’s End Preview: Solo Shuffle

Booooooo!

Brawls suck! They’re one week events. This will not keep these players subbed!

Speaking of one week events, Legion Timewalking when? carrot on a stick, this company…

1 Like

I can’t even find one.

Lol i know right

1 Like

Boosting in 2s and 3s is obnoxious because it means between a half and two-thirds of your opponents on the boosting team are overgeared. In a 10 player BG, the MAX boosters you would see is 5, but that would be unlikely, so the 1-3 out of 10 players would be much more manageable. Furthermore BGs are much more objective oriented and thus overgeared players don’t sway the outcome as much as they do in arenas.

Hey! Are the 3v3 rating rewards going to be extended to a ranked solo shuffle in the future if it becomes a reality? Will this extend to 2v2’s as well? I ask this because having these specific rewards feels way too limiting in one bracket.

Also! IMO Remove the 1st death win condition. If games take long they take long, adjust the rewards and compensation accordingly based on performances/ratings/whatever system you use.

You can currently still play 30 minute matches and have a reward of 5 rating and have the next game last 30 min and lose 22 rating.

1 Like

To be frank, i dont think this is what the fans had in mind when asking for a solo que. this will probably lead to even more rating gates on pvp gear in the future.
Blizzard and their freekin monkeys paw.

1 Like

A great idea and the reasoning seems fine to me. Looking forward to seeing it in-game.

Let’s go.

I mean, we probably won’t win, but something something friends along the way.

Where? I just read they were seeing “problems”.

This sounds like a great solution, but please also add a 2v2 option, which would be shorter so require less of a commitment. Healers can be grouped in a 2-healer, 2-dps cohort with two healer/dps matches, and dps-only cohorts would still be round robin but with only three matches.

3 Likes

I feel like people really don’t understand the SHUFFLE part. If there is an under geared person they will be on everyone’s team at some point. If you get stuck with 250 gear and two teammates with 200 gear that means the next round you’ll face the 200 gear person, and one round youll go against both of those 200 geared people.

1 Like

The real news I’m waiting is
-reputation account wide. Earn on one toon other toons can purchase everything without having required rep level
-remove pvp item upgrade. Conquest gear should be only obtained trough arena or weekly quest and push that gear to mythic equivalent, and honor gear to mythic dungeon 0 equivalent. I think something like that was in WoD , last expansion that was showing what world of Warcraft is, u til legion and expansions down the road didn’t ruin it.
-make cross faction stuff. People who wanna pvp turn the war mode on and that’s it. You can’t switch WM on or Off weekly and that’s it. BG don’t affect that

1 Like

This would be a great way to satisfy those players that want soloqueue so they can just jump in and out of quick games when they have a few minutes. 2v2 would only require 3 matches to get every team combination! Combine that with the mentioned shortened games and you’ve got a pretty small time commitment!

So what I’m worried about is the situations where 1 dps player is way better than everyone when climbing rating.

If we take their example and the warlock dies first every game. The dps players will go 4-2, the healers will go 3-3, the warlock will go 0-6. Does this mean the healers gain nothing while the dps all gain rating because 1 dps player was undergeared? Maybe this doesn’t matter at a lower rating because the matchmaking is weaker when everyone starts at 0.

If the shaman healer dies first every game, the pally healer will go 6-0, the dps players will all go 3-3, and the shaman healer will go 0-6. Similarly to the above one, but this means healers will just climb way faster in this scenario.

If the rogue wins every game, the rogue will go 6-0, all of the other dps players will go 2-4, and the healers will go 3-3. In this case these games would really only happen for this rogue player until they got to the rating they should be at. But since everyone starts at 0 rating this will likely only be a problem for the first half of the season. But it will still feel bad to lose 2-4 because there’s 1 really good player in the game out of the 6.

The part I like though is people will probably learn a lot each round. You’ll probably identify weak points and strong points each game and you’ll learn to adapt as you play.

I hope they allow talent or gear changes between each round so you can further adapt if you find in the first round you are the weakest link so you change to be more defensive, or you identify you are playing with the weakest link next so if you have a way to save them then you can build around it.

I imagine they wouldn’t allow covenant changes between rounds, but I wish they would.

3 Likes

Tanks get the ol’ PvP shaft again.

1 Like

That seems like a potentially flawed aspect of an otherwise excellent idea.

Solo shuffle takes too long and is too complex. The problem it solves is the occasional bad matchup. Quantity of games solves that problem. Sure people will ‘feel’ bad, but no one is bronze in overwatch because they’re unlucky with comps. Same for WoW.

Make it like skirms but track rating. Just keep no tanks, and 1 healer 2 dps per team. This requires minimal development effort, is far easier to understand, and results in quicker games. Keep it simple.

2 Likes

Tanks don’t have a relevant role in traditional pvp. You can’t taunt players to make them attack you. You shouldn’t do good damage, and you shouldn’t do good healing unless they balanced wrong.

Tank pvp should be like MDI M+ races against other teams. PvP as a timed dungeon race instead of PvP to kill other players.

1 Like

I don’t think people are really understanding that this is an experiment in solo-queue’s and they’re working with it being a brawl so it’s isolated from things. So they can see what works and doesn’t work out.

That it’s the first step on a path leading to true solo queue’s for RBGs/Arenas(…potentially)

Then after this simplification if you really want to spend dev time on a new project. Make rewards/rating spec-specific. Otherwise the format will be dominated by rsham/Arms/Windwalker. Just high damage low coordination melee cleaves. If you’re judged on being in x percentile of your spec (shown as bronze-silver etc.) Then you can actually have diverse interesting games.

Though you’d win more as a meta spec, so would every other person playing that spec. So you could be gold as arcane at 1600 rating, but gold as Arms warrior could require 1900 rating.

1 Like