Essential classes for RBGs?

Hit 2.1K in Legion but stopped once 4 healers took over. Now that its max 3 healers, really looking to get back into it.

Of course XP over classes, but what classes are essential to bring and can consistently swing the tide in your favor now a days in terms of dispels, spread pressure, off-nodes/cart, peeling etc.

Used to run Rogue, Lock x2, Sp, Mage, Warrior, DK, Disc, Rdruid, Rsham

Sounds like the comp I played primarily in MoP. I haven’t played much this xpac, but exp > spec. There was like 15 spriests on the ladder last season, but I still regularly got into games around 2300-2400mmr because a good spriest > a fotm boomkin. I’m sure it’s shifted some, but I haven’t played yet this season. Just renewed my sub. I heard shadow was pretty good in rbgs, but that’s as far as my knowledge of this season/meta goes lol.

1 Like

All specs of Druid are viable and 2 are high in demand and the other is in demand if you cannot find (or it doesn’t fit in the comp) a DH. Works good if you like to fill out groups so you can always work towards a good comp.

1 Like

Druid tanks good. Demon hunts not as common since nerf still good. Spriests very common. Boomies like needed. Healers are everyone but holy. Fire mages. Destro locks. And always a rogue usually.

1 Like

Healers are essential

1 Like

Good thing there’s only one spec called holy. Christ.

not sure what you are even trying to say tbh. feral is not even close to viable. boomy is but are other classes out performing them in RBG?

I think he ment guardian and lumped with feral idk

And to be fair. I loveeee feral on silvershard.

Feral is niche but very viable. Viable does not = top of everything. Boomy is interchangeable with other casters same as guardian with DH. Resto druids still have one of the highest throughputs in healing.

i totally agree that viable doesn’t equal top everything, having said that outside of incarn they seem completely manageable as both a healer and a melee imo, but totally see them as gold in SSM and part of a stealth team, or sitting on a healer? idk

On the off off chance you can’t find a rogue Ferals with clone and the rest of their kit can ninja pretty well. Ferocious wound is a really good debuff and 1v1ing any melee at a node or off carts is a win for a feral that knows how to abuse roots clone and resto affinity.

RSham, Dpriest, MW
Boomy w/Guardian OS
Rogue
Lock
Mage
Spriest
DH w/ Veng OS
DK

This comp provides great burst and sustained dmg, control, utility, mobility, and versatility (very high usefulness on any map).

Most flag maps have guardian FC’s and this comp has a great offensive team with mostly spell damage and control for healers.
DH and MW provide great mobility with rogue and boomy right behind.
It has 5 legit base sitters.
Not that you need a tank on DWG with this comp, but the option is always there with the DH.
Kill team puts superior pressure with rogue stuns, mage gpy’s, lock bolts, DK/DH burst, spriest and boomy pad, and control.
RSham dispels and utility, dpriest heals/mitigates and utility, MW heals and mobility.

That said, in most cases, take the player over the class. I q’d for an 1850 cr team yesterday with a btag who was on his alt rogue, which was mostly fresh. His main is 2.1 cr and he’s 2.5 xp. Double rogue works well too most of the time, but it’s not ideal. The lead wanted double rogue so he took my Q. After we got in he looked at buddies toon and saw he had almost no CR and told me he was going to lob him. I told him my buddy’s xp and main cr and lead was worried about dropping the teams mmr (it wouldn’t because the internal mmr of my buddy would have most likely done the opposite). So he lost the most experienced player on his team, a currently proven player, over trying to stick to unwritten rules and meta’s. And there’s been a million times we’ve run far less than ideal comps but with good, experienced players that know how to fill the gaps. But all else equal, if you can, run the comp above.

1 Like

Anyone know of a good guardian druid flag carry guide? I’m curious as to what traits and talents are used.q

2 disc 1 druid, 4 shadow priest, rogue, 2 fire mages

Lol run firemage x3 it’s hilarious