Essences Feedback - Multiple Role Essences

It’s still proccing at the same rate of x times per resource spent.

(Elenstelle) #79

I know that it mathematically works out, but I think your missing the point of what I’m saying.

Every other proc for Affliction generates a shard. During the proc that doesn’t generate a shard, nothing happens. This gives the illusion that the proc rate is halved.

That illusion of a halved proc rate doesn’t feel good because of the longer perceived drought between procs. Its about perception and feel.

About Lucid Dreams for Shadow. As it requires Drain to exist, it seems to only proc during Voidform, which I assume is correct.

Right now, by testing it seems that it procs from Drain alone ( naked test: imgur com/xtdsXTC can’t add links, add the .) which raises a couple questions on how exactly works.

• Because Voidform drain is a constant. Does the roll for the proc happen every second or some time period? Or maybe every time Insanity drain is increased?
  • Can other spells or effects also cause Lucid Dream to proc if used during Voidform or does it only happen from Insanity drain events?
  • Since we’re here, is the proc chance 10% like for other specs with abilities that consume resources?

Thanks for the answers.

(Nimox) #81

Some Essence tuning changes that are in the process of being hotfixed:

Ripple in Space

• Major effect cooldown lowered from 90 to 60 seconds at all ranks.

Memory of Lucid Dreams

• Major effect cooldown lowered from 180 to 120 seconds at all ranks.
  • Major effect at rank 1 duration increased to 12 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
  • Major effect at rank 2 is now +3 additional seconds, up from +2 additional seconds. This means the whole buff effect will now last 15 seconds at rank 2 or higher, up from 12 seconds.
  • Minor effect rank 3 Versatility buff reduced by 35%

These changes should be on the PTR soon.

(Nimox) #82

Another hotfix that is on the way regarding Vision of Perfection,

Talents or Azerite traits that were increasing the base duration of the specific cooldown that is being activated by Vision of Perfection are no longer incorrectly being counted when determining the duration of the buff granted by Vision of Perfection.

For example, a Holy Paladin with Sanctified Wrath talented will receive the same duration of Avenging Wrath from Vision of Perfection as another Holy Paladin with a different talent chosen on that row.

(Nimox) #84

It will be based on the 20 second duration with just Celestial Alignment, or based off of 30 seconds if you choose Incarnation.

Exactly this. It just feels bad.

Essence of Focusing Iris Major Power is currently consuming all stacks from its minor power when it damages the target, is this intended?

And what about in regards to like Frost Mage with Thermal Void? I understand that the 10 seconds won’t be added when proc’d but what about extending the duration via Ice Lance? Will that still be a thing?

This. Sad only tanks that already are doing the most damage in mythic+ get a significant damage bonus from Vision of Perfection, while it’s awful for other tank specs adding only defensive value randomly. This needs to be balanced somehow, either add some offensive value to the other tanks CDs or the proc itself somehow for them, or make it last longer for tanks that only get defensive value from their proc, so it’s less likely to be just wasted.

Is VDH the only tank left that gets no offensive value from Vision of Perfection now? Sad days. Having it only proc randomly for a short duration of defensive value which might be wasted (where as bonus damage is almost never wasted) is pretty lame. The spec already does terrible damage without SB talented, even after the Soul Cleave buff and even with SB speced still on the lower end of tanks (only BDK below VDH in warcraftlogs). Meanwhile the specs already doing the most dmg, prot warriors and prot pals get offensive value from the essence.

If VDH isn’t going to get any offensive value from the essence, their procs should at least last longer than other specs to lessen the chance of the defensive value being wasted, but nope… shorter because Meta buff is shorter than Avatar/Wings/etc.

(Jape) #90

As a whole, the VDH changes were way too careful and small. Most of the tank essences are completely forgettable.

(Nimox) #91

Essence of Focusing Iris Major Power is currently consuming all stacks from its minor power when it damages the target, is this intended?

This is a bug and it will be fixed. Thank you for the report.

(Tyraidhe) #92

Any ideas how Memory of Lucid Dreams will interact with a talent like Divine Purpose that Procs free uses of Templars Verdict. As those situations TV doesn’t consume any HP, but does it still have a chance to proc Lucid Dreams?

(Nimox) #93

Some additional hotfix balance changes have been made for a few Essences:

Crucible of Flame

• Minor effect rank 1 damage and healing values increased by 35%.
  • Minor effect rank 1 proc chance increased for all healer roles.

Vision of Perfection

• Major effect proc chance reduced for Holy Paladin.

(Bull) #94

Vision for VDH will be a damage boost in that when meta is up you will be getting more souls from shear and fracture. This is only a dps boost if you are using spirit bomb. Any extra pain it generates will be useless as you will be focused on generating and spending souls.

(Jape) #95

That “damage boost” is probably going to be statistically insignificant.

Vision and Spirit Bomb don’t really work well together.

(Bull) #96

The meta proc is only 5 sec and there is no way to control it, I’m also not sure what the ppm is. I’m guessing because of the random nature we will probably end up capping a few souls but perhaps we can get 3 globals out of it. There are better essences for dps though, and potentially better essences for damage reduction.

Edit: I tried testing out Vision on the dungeon target dummies and it was not proc’ing at all. So as for uptime, it seems to be currently zero lol

Edit: Tried it for a bit longer, it just does not proc very often. Details says it had 8% uptime.

(Jape) #97

I haven’t had the chance to test out the newest hotfixes but SB just doesn’t hit enough buttons for VoP or Lucid Dreams.

At this point I think Aegis+Sphere or one of the two dps essences +sphere for SB.

Pathetic lol. Sad vision is friggin awful for VDH, terribly low uptime on a few random seconds of a basically defensive buff only. Blizz spent time finally buffing meta, but it remains just a 15 second buff on a 3 minute cd with vision being too bad to use we can’t at least have a bit more fun with it than a measely 15 seconds on a longish cd… what a waste.

Another patch, no another expansion, of spamming SB or bust. 1 cookie cutter talent build to rule them all forever. Unsubbed. 0 effort from blizz to even try to balance talents after nearly a year of data showing how op some talents are and these essences won’t change anything.