[ESO] The Dragon's Rest Compact

For the wandering souls and wayward refugees of Wyrmrest Accord (and friends) that are either playing ESO already or were interested in getting their feet wet in Tamriel, I and several of my mates have made a Discord specifically to invite this community into ours.

In addiiton, we “broke ground” on a mega-guild (think of it as a chat channel for people you might already know rather than the general concept of a ‘guild’) with the same name <The Dragon’s Rest Compact> on the NA Megaserver.

This should not surprise you but the only rule is respect. Discrimination in either community shall not be tolerated so long as I’m around and hopefully even when I’m not. Dissent is fine, slurs and bigotry are not.

So c’mon down to the Dragon’s Rest Compact. We’ve got an interdimensional magical mansion full of toys to play with and places to RP, and some established folks to show you around.

Discord: ‘https://discord.gg/MzpYurf

Feel free to spread it among your friend groups.

Questions? Ask 'em below. I won’t really be around in WoW that often to catch me there. I’m in ESO at @Bridges1120, which anyone who has my WoW ID would probably find familiar anyway.

14 Likes

Joined! I’m thinking of going free to play for a bit and making a new character. A Dark Elf Warden or Necromancer I reckon. :open_mouth: Telvanni, specifically. I’ll have a think. My main over there is named Ignatius Varus - an Imperial dragonknight. I also play a Redguard Nightblade, Qasim al-Abbas, and an Altmer templar who’s name I’ve entirely forgotten. RIP.

3 Likes

I’ll log in in a bit to grab an invite.

1 Like

Cool cool. If I end up bouncing early you can message @siduri for an invite as well. I’m feeling kind of flu-y so I’ll probably only be on for another hour.

Once it snowballs a lil’ bit hopefully it won’t be so the-two-of-us for the in game invites.

I’m considering switching to ESO, but I wanted to ask some things, about the RP scene there, if you don’t mind my hijacking this thread just a bit to ask about it?

1 Like

Hijack away. I expect people on an RP server to be interested in RP things. For full disclosure I haven’t really RPed much in ESO so everything I have to add is second-hand (by several second hands, but still second-hand) and I invite others to chime in to correct me.

1 Like

Heh, thanks!

I was wondering if there was anything like the TRP mod we use here on Wyrmrest? Something that lets you add a message about what your character is up to, and some basic description of them that shows up when someone clicks on your character?

I wouldn’t mind having a backstory section like TRP has, but thats just a bonus, heh.

1 Like

There’s a few. I think because of the nature of add-ons in ESO some actually have to have others “accept” the incoming descriptions and whatnot before they’ll work.

h ttps://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2025-In-Character-RolePlayAddon.html

An example.

1 Like

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1957-EsoRP-Communicativeroleplayaddon.html

This one looks interesting.

2 Likes

Just tipping my hat in here as the aforementioned @siduri so I’m not just some unknown entity since I’m mostly a filthy lurker.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

Wow rude. /10char

1 Like

joined as snipper

1 Like

So, I’m basically a total newcomer to Elder Scrolls. I put 100 hours into Skyrim and all of that was essentially running around from cave to cave, restarting my character from scratch multiple times, and admiring the aesthetic.

I don’t know really anything about the lore, is where I’m getting at. Would you say ESO does a good job of explaining necessary background info on races, cities, classes, etc.? WoW is a lot of reading outside of the game, or finding very specific quests/books somewhere in the game. I’m wondering if I should treat ESO the same and do some research on the wiki, or just wait to play.

1 Like

Honestly ESO (like any Elder Scrolls game) has a TON of in game books written by in game authors. I’d recommend just reading all the books you come across. Other than that, I’d say the game does a pretty great job at giving you what you need to know.

There are definitely some out of game resources if you need em.

1 Like

I feel like ESO does a fairly good job. I played Morrowind back in the day when it came out but, admittedly don’t remember a whole lot and my Skyrim experience was similar to yours until more recently. Aside from those instances that was really my only knowledge of the series, so I jumped into ESO without a lot of heavy lore background.

The fact that the quests are all fully voiced definitely makes all the difference to me as opposed to Warcraft where there’s that tendency to just click through and accept the quest without actually reading.

I think I’ve come away with being more knowledgeable of the series than I was previously and there’s still so much left untapped because I haven’t fully explored all of the areas and story lines yet.

Opherial loaned me two books from the Elder Scrolls series and I definitely found them more enjoyable because I had a better grasp of the world after playing a bit of ESO.

1 Like

Once I reinstall tonight I’m going to go sniffing around for y’all.

1 Like

I’ll also probably try to reach out sometime today. Seems like a fun idea.

1 Like

For anyone who misses being a cursed creature of undeath, I have three vampire bites to dish out. It unlocks a skill line with a bunch of new abilities and passives.

I’m not actually that into vampires I swear I just like being undead and they have great tanking passives.

4 Likes

Is there an edgy vampire RP group in ESO? I have a Dunmer, vampire Stam necromancer.