Error - The role check has failed

I keep getting the error …“The role check has failed” when I try to sign up for any group in LFG. This only happens on one character on my account. I can start a group but I can’t sign up for other groups, it just auto cancels me. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

I know this is an old post, but did you happen to find a solution for this? I’m experiencing this currently on my character. I haven’t found much on it with a simple google search.

1 Like

I just had this happen to me and couldn’t find an answer. After relogging and reloading the console I decided to turn off all my addons and this was an instant fix. My character was a fresh 60 and had never selected the role for a premade group and one of my addons was trying to bypass that. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I know this question is old, but I had it happen to me today. I use ELvUI among other addons, not sure which one if any impact what steps I took to fix it. What I did was open the Dungeons & Raid Finder window and selected Dungeon Finder. Across the top are the spec options and I didn’t have any selected. Chose the one I wanted and I was able to join a group.

2 Likes