Error code Blzbntagt00000840

Hi, I’ve been trying to install the new update to BFA and keep getting the error saying something went wrong with a file, with the error code BLZBNTAGT00000840 I followed the troubleshooting tree all the way thru, including uninstalling the game, the client, even making a new user profile on my computer, this is not the first time seeing this error, but having the issue reoccur, and the only thing that seems to fix it is a new windows profile, but I don’t want to have to have multiple profiles on my personal computer, that is not the answer, there has got to be a better way to fix this, someone please help!!

3 Likes

Right click on the bottom task bar. Select Task Manager - look for a process called WorldofWarcraft Voice Proxy. If it is there highlight it then click the End Task button.
(you may need to click More Details on Task Manager to see all the running processes)

Try Bnet Launcher afterwards.

We have also seen a Antivirus called TotalAV blocking the update. Do you happen to have that installed. If so try uninstalling - Windows Defender will take over duties there.

45 Likes

Thank you so much this actually worked!

I just tried the voice proxy end task and it worked! Thank you!

That worked!

Thanks for the tip - I get errors on update attempts often, and am glad to finally have a solution other than restarting my computer every time.

Thanks again!

Just had this issue aswell… locating the voice proxy thing did the trick it seems.

Same issue, this did the trick. Even after using the repair tool. It would not update.
I did what was suggested here and it worked. Thank you.

Same error with whatever this update caused. restarted computer and worked

Worked for me too! 2 thumbs up!

Worked for me as well. Thank you very much!

I can confirm. I also just had this error. I closed the Bnet Launcher, located the Blizzard Voice proxy thing, right clicked-selected end task. Relaunched Bnet Launcher it proceeded to finish updating as normal.

Thank you very much, that worked.

BLZBNTAGT00000BB8IS The error i am getting and i have tried everything posted anyone got any other ideas

WorldofWarcraft Voice Proxy . If it is there highlight it then click the End Task button.
Removing this solved my problem, Thanks MVP