Error : BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

was playing with many UI LUA errors (No UI addon’s installed) and constant bugs on abilities. Decided to run the scan/repair option. Its been a day of it. I’ve stopped all battle.net processes, even gone so far as to uninstall the game and launcher and manually delete all the app-data files. The play button says UPDATE, i click it, it immediately goes into the scan / repair mode, gets completely done, give me the Error Code : BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

other threads have given advice, I’ve tired them so I’m here, making a new thread to try and get this sorted

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Nothing has changed on my system since last night, when the game was running fine.

I am also having the same issue listed above. I was playing last night without any issue at all. Shut down my PC after logging out. Went to play not even 12 hours later with absolutely nothing changing prior to my login attempt and it has the same thing.

None of my Blizzard applications will launch. Overwatch 2 won’t start. World of Warcraft won’t start. They don’t start via the Battle Net App OR using the .exe files straight out of the game folders.

I reinstalled wow after doing a complete clean sweep of my PC for anything wow related and it didn’t work. so i uninstalled it again and reinstalled it a second time with out the clean sweep and its actually working now. Still getting the occasional lua error and I’ve got quest tracking I cannot disable / abandon.

I am having the same issue. Has anyone had any luck figuring this out?

Repair Attempts:
Closed all Battle.net related processes via task manager.
Scan & Repair via Battle.net client(4-5 times)
Disabled addons
Drank Coffee
Followed suggested directions on the BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error message.
Checked Windows and driver updates.
Power Cycled Machine.
Assumed the problem was EBCAK or ID-10t related
Made forum post

I’m having this issue too. I made the mistake of running a scan and repair. after that, it got stuck in a loop. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and still stuck. Getting frustrated.

2 Likes

I think I’m having the exact issue as you!

The post below didn’t help too.

any luck guys?

Same thing happened to me. I don’t know why I thought a Scan and Repair was a good idea to address a Client side issue. Well, now I can’t play WoW. Lucky I got to build a Dracthyr character and start the event quests on my 3 plate characters before all this happened.

I even did the uninstall/reinstall thing and nothing. One Tauren in the other thread said he got things to work after doing a complete uninstall of everything, but I ain’t doing that just yet.

I was ok yesterday after the update but this morning i log on and everything look like a mess. I removed all Battle.net and wow folder. Clean out completly blizzard right off my computer. Reboot and reinstall a clean fresh battle.net and wow. NO ADDONS. Did a full update and i still get LUA errors. Script exception: BuffFrame:SetPoint(): Couldn’t find region named ‘MABuffBar’ ERROR #141 (0x8512008d) Script assertion failure! no clue what to do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.