Error 132 and BSoD

Getting bsods and random crashes while playing World of Warcraft only.

When WoW crashes, the error reads ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception. When I get a blue screen, irql_not_less_or_equal. I have no idea what to do anymore, I’ve been diggin thru the internet to find a solution and it really feels like I’ve tried everything at this point. This post is truly outta desperation

I have already re-installed drivers (chipset, audio, graphics, etc), I don’t use GeForce Experience, I constantly monitor my temperatures and it all seems fine, tried to alternate my RAMs, tried with just one, also nothing.

Like I said, this only happens to WoW. I can play other stuff just fine, I’ve never seen this before and the error messages are very generic. I know it can be caused by a lot of things.

Here’s my DxDiag for reference: pastebin . com / uT1fGKCe

I use some addons, but it doesn’t matter. Sometimes I get a blue screen logging into the game, or it crashes. I don’t know what I’m missing here. I’ve ran Memtest86 for 3h and found no issues whatsoever (4 tests, all passed). Downloaded some tool to diagnose any issues with my HD (where the game is installed) or SSD (where Win10 is installed), both are working great.

Yesterday I couldn’t even open the game (Error 132 in ALL TRIES) and it only stopped when I ran the bnet tool to repair the game files. And it stops for a while when I do that.

Pls help. I was happy to come back to WoW being away since bfa season 2, now I’m not so sure.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat friend and just made a post as well. Tried just about everything under the sun. Never gotten this or ANY error message before up until a few weeks ago. Hopefully we find some kind of solution :frowning:

1 Like

It may not solve your issue, but I had that when I had a drive in my raid array that was failing. No errors, but games stopped playing nice, and I started seeing the IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN errors randomly appear. Try running an app called WhoCrashed from Resplendence Software to further dig into the error. I do use GeForce, and that failing drive finally showed up a hd_stor.sys driver error in the logs.

1 Like

thx mate I’ll try that

…also, if you are running SSD or Hybrid drives, they use Flash memory. IRQL is normally a memory-related failure, so it “kind of” makes sense to have a failing drive cause the errors. For me, the only way I found it was to disconnect the array one drive at a time until the errors stopped happening as often and then ended up replacing the whole array. There is also a Tool on the same Resplendence Software site called LatencyMon that helped call out the issue for me as being an I/O issue versus a driver issue. Good luck!!

1 Like

Try running an SFC scan on your computer. I ran one and it found corrupted files in my system that it repaired. Hopefully it resolved the problem.

Open your windows command prompt as administrator and type “sfc /scannow”
If the scan finds corrupted files it will attempt to replace them and let you know what it found. Will update once I know for sure if it worked or not.

Agreed, that will also help find issues. Running a defrag on your hard drives will usually help, too…

tried that, but the scan didn’t get anything weird, hope it works for ya, keep us posted.

I’ll try the softwares mentioned by Sindressa and also will try reinstall bnet client/games as soon as Blizzard decides it’s a good idea to maybe fix the connections issues down here in SA lol

Also I know it may be something you have already done but try uninstalling your graphics driver completely via “Device Manager” and reinstall it via your graphic cards website.

Update: Got the crash again so it did not work :frowning:

I also saw another thing about potentially the BIOS settings for your RAM being incorrectly setup. So if your RAM is 2400Hz but your computer has it set for “Auto” it could be messing up your settings which in turn would cause memory errors which leads to the crash.

so, just to update you guys, I gave up and decided to reinstall my Windows. I started to get blue screens with different messages, a total mess, I think something was corrupted but my scan wasn’t showing, idk, I’m not an expert, so decided to just start all over again lol. I completely cleaned bnet and all its folders, ran a defrag on my hd as suggested, installed everything fresh and so far so good. let’s hope for the best

Hey there Nallrien,

Typically if the problem persists through a reinstall of Windows, it may indicate a hardware problem. Especially if there are multiple different bluescreen errors happening.

If the problem continues it might be best to discuss the issue with a local PC technician who can test the physical components of the device.

I wish we had better news here but I do hope the info helps. Let us know how things go.

I’ve been running WoW on compatibility mode (win7) and using DX11 legacy now it’s fine. Did you try that?