Era Client not working after maintenance

Anyone else having this problem? The client crashes upon starting since this latest update.

4 Likes

This patch must have broken something on my system. Ive tried repairing the install and reinstalling entirely, no dice. Any ideas?

2 Likes

SAME, exact boat, windows 10, amd system

3 Likes

Same stats on this end!

1 Like

Same here for me and my friend. Both of us have AMD GPUs

1 Like

Just found this on reddit. It did work for me but my world map is messed up. I’m not sure if its an addon issue or whatever this command line did… Edit: Found out this is the SHOW HEATMAP option on the world map. I guess I’ve never turned it on before.

Battlenet launcher → Game Settings → [x] Additional command line Arguments → use the command line argument: -d3d11 → restart Bnet → Click Play

1 Like

same here, amd gpu aswell, trys to launch but nothing happens until i click the screen and it goes black and then just crashes

Same exact thing. Will there be a fix by Blizz?

-d3d11 works

1 Like

You rock! This worked for me too. Thanks for finding this <3

i waited about 5 minuets for the screen to load and it working normally anytime after that, tested and working

1 Like

launched normally in DX12?

So far, this worked! I waited and it loaded. Needed to make sure all addons were updated. Then, the game started and worked fine. Good luck!

-d3d11 command worked for me. I scanned and repaired, reset in-game options, tried -windowed command, and none of that worked. -d3d11 worked immediately.

Seems like 10.2 (and whatever recent Classic patch) broke DirectX12 for AMD GPU users.

babaweebadoobiedah

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.