Epoch of Thought [H] | Whitemane | Wed, Thur, Sun 6 PM—10 PM PST |Non-toxic Hardcore

Epoch of Thought [H] | Whitemane | Wed/Thu/Sun 1800—2200 PST | Non-Toxic Hardcore |Point-based Loot Council

TL;DR: Hardcore experienced, established guild seeks non-toxic, dedicated, competent raiders for Classic dominance starting with test realm practice & preparation now. We most need Fury Warriors & Mages atm, but accept all great people who are willing to work to be their best.

About: EoT started on Bloodscalp shortly after vanilla wow’s release & became a top guild on the server. We’ve persisted as a gaming family ever since. Our goal has always been to clear content as a team while providing a second family for our members.

Our leadership is experienced, skilled, and caring. We’ve been around since the beginning and we’re not quitting until we’ve farmed Naxx enough to gear everyone :). We look forward to developing a winning team of people you’d not only want to raid with but would also like to meet in real life if the chance arose.

Raiding plans: For classic we will be a top guild & clear Naxxramas. We have a solid core experienced through Naxx. Most of us have raided for years & are ready to devour classic content. We are running two competitive raid teams both lead by experienced leadership and tanked by experienced main tanks.

Raid Schedule: Wed/Thu/Sun, 6 PM to 10 PM PST (GMT-8) (9pm – 1 AM EST) hard stops and early nights where possible. Our guild has always been extremely active & 20-mans, Onyxia, etc. will continue to be ran on non-core days. On most days, if you log in, you will find a good group of people to smash content with.

Loot System: We run a unique/proprietary point-guided loot council (attendance and contributions are measured and accounted for but there is no bidding and the system is designed to be transparent and efficient). The loot council is focused on awarding gear where it best serves raid progression & best recognizes attendance, & contribution to raid performance.

What we expect: We expect dedicated, skilled raiders who show up with consumes, proper gear, & knowledge. We expect competence and literacy with computers, google spread sheets, balancing individual schedules, and team communication. We expect effort during, before, and after raids. We expect serious practice on a guild hosted test server.

We are team-focused so great performers are appreciated & recognized, but divas who are unconcerned with the health of the entire raid team or overly self-interested are not tolerated. We are a diverse group of raiders worthy of individual respect & the respect of everyone’s time. Toxicity and drama stirring have no place in our guild.

In short, be prepared, be knowledgeable, be on time, & don’t be an A-hole.

Why We Will Survive and Thrive: We are experienced, dedicated, and prepared. Our leadership team consists of mature, experienced, and professional leaders. Our raid core consists of experienced, skilled, and most importantly, dedicated raiders.

We are busy doing all the prep work we need to run a highly organized, reasonably competitive guild. We are inclusive, non-toxic, and value team building and a rewarding social environment over pyrrhic victories. We were successful in actual vanilla and have only gotten smarter, wiser, and more organized with age.

Most importantly we desire complete decimation of classic content and will not stop until we get there.

Looking for: We are targeting Warriors who know how to destroy on meters without being afraid to put on a shield as needed. Also looking for mages that whose egos can stay modest even when their DPS does not!

We always welcome great people of all classes who want to bring a hardcore ethic into a friendly environment. If you can make our raid times and perform well without becoming toxic you are strongly encouraged to apply.

Core raid spots are earned through demonstrated competence & dedication. This means that no core spots will be predetermined and certainly not before anyone’s hit 60.

If you are interested in leadership roles within Epoch please send let us know and we’ll chat.

Current Activity: The guild is practicing on our own test server to get the group reoriented to the old content and shaking the rust off. We use the test raids for providing feedback, polishing raid skills, and determining and bolstering roster weakness.

Currently, a sizeable portion of the guild is practicing leveling runs while a few are raiding hardcore. We also have guild Jackbox party nights for fun while we wait for classic.

Apply: The best way to join is to shoot our Recruitment team a private message :
Recruitment Officer– discord: Narphie#8585|Bnet: Narrph#11938
Guildmaster– discord: Lne#2710 | Bnet: Lne#1326
Assistant GM– discord: XvK#7740

The less social can also fill out an application on our Website https:// www.epochofthought.com

You can also jump on our discord at https://discord.gg/UqAVjJT

Guildmaster Contact– discord: Lne#2710; Bnet Tag: Lne#1326

Join us!

3 Likes

We are still looking for pro shamans who want to join a solid roster in a guild with experienced and mature leadership.

All other classes are still encouraged to apply as raid spots are earned by the dedicated and skilled and the roster won’t be truly solidified until we are actually raiding in classic.

Still looking for more players ready to join a team focused guild with strong and fair leadership and a focus on hardcore raiding while remaining a friendly and fun team.

EoT Warlock class leader here, our roster is strong so far but we are still actively searching for new recruits to fill our two 40man groups. Message any one of us for more information if you’d like to join us in vanilla wow. For the Horde!

1 Like

EoT is still building our roster for raids and classic WoW content, we have a large, active pre-launch community and are looking for other dedicated individuals to join our ranks. If the information above sounds like a fit and you’re interested in being part of a dedicated guild with organized and dedicated leadership, please contact us to get your application rolling. Thanks for reading and as always happy hunting.

-Angry Bargy - EoT Hunter class leader.

1 Like

Guild roster is looking great, we are just polishing it out; currently looking for dedicated Fury warriors who aren’t afraid to tank as needed. If this is you, please shoot me a message so we can get you on the team.

If you aren’t a warrior, don’t be discouraged as we welcome all dedicated raiders who want to be part of an experienced and serious team.

–Lne
Guildmaster of Epoch of Thought since 2004

1 Like

Yes we do, we also accept more casual players and those that just want to be in a vanilla raiding guild culture.

reopening recruitment as launch nears ever so closer. Looking for Great players of all classes, but focused on Shaman and Mage recruitment at the moment. Come join us for a great time preparing for classic success.

1 Like

Joined the guild a few months ago and i gotta say its the best guild i have been so far. Practicing together with the guild is always a blast!

If you are looking for a good guild, with dedicated players, fun people and especially non-toxic players, this is the guild for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words; It’s nice to see that we are hitting our goals of being fun and not toxic while remaining serious and giving actionable feedback and working towards group goals.

If you are a dedicated player who wants a vanilla guild for classic hit us up we welcome new and old players alike so long as our goal of serious, but fun, progression aligns with your goals.

When i heard about classic i started looking for a guild. Knowing i would be with these ppl for a long time i needed a place where i could fit and grow as a family. After trying/ joining many discord/guilds i found EoT. Sent a message to Lne not thinking i would ever get a response (pls respond) bc i didn’t play vanilla but he responded.
After the interview i was excited but scared bc i didn’t think i could keep up with a hardcore guild with vanilla mechanics. Lne said to come try it out so i did. Been there ever since. I found a home with people i love.

1 Like

Very glad, I followed up with you and had you join. You’ve been delightful and I can’t wait to clear classic with you.

For other’s looking for a nontoxic hardcore raiding experience I encourage you to come chat with us. We have high standards and expect effort, but we don’t believe people need to check their fun at the door and be asocial mercenaries to clear content.

I’m looking forward to playing Classic again with EoT. I view classic as a second opportunity to reach all the content I wasn’t able to experience the first time around, and I’m glad I found a group that is serious about progression and is actively preparing for the launch.

1 Like

Glad to have you with us!

Bump, lets get some hype for launch less than a month!

If you’re looking for a group of skilled, like-minded individuals who want to dominate in Classic, look no further.

Sounds like my kind of group. I look forward to joining you guys!

I’ve been looking to join a group prepped to devour classic content when it comes out. I definitely look forward to applying and playing with you all! Application Submitted!

1 Like

Enjoying the hype now that we’re close to launch. Look forward to killing KT with you boys and girls :slight_smile:

Whitemane HYPPPEEE