Epic Mounts in < 10 days ?!?

Is the logistics of that even possible? I guess if a group of players all came together and welfare’d you, but Epic?

1 Like

Layers make all of this possible, bro.

7 Likes

I actually followed and /cheer’d the first dude I saw with a mount on my server. Then I see some Epic mounts and something seems fishy…

most people in my guild have 80-90 gold + all skills at 40 from just grinding dungeons and working the AH. Epic mounts are quite easy to get when everyone is leveling professions so flipping mats is bank.

1 Like

Quit spreading crap please.

4 Likes

Ok wait a second is this legit?

httpx://www. wowinterface. com/ downloads /info25242- QuickLayer.html

You are telling me you could increase farming by X% by hopping layers? Even if you say you could hop between 7 and not all nodes are instantly spawned, wouldn’t 4X be reasonable?

Man my mining would be way higher and I’d be way richer! It would be like skin mining… Nodes everywhere! And this is only mining?

There are multiple spots that give 10g+ per hour in just stuff to vendor even on a class that isn’t great at farming. If you’re a mage/hunter you could easily break 20g an hour not even using the AH.

The first 60s are making way more than that with the AH if they’re focusing on it.

Not really unrealistic to have your 60 mount by now at all.

It ain’t from selling mats. Kayer hopping for boe drops and vendoring the rest is more like it. They are making more from vendoring at this point would be my guess. I saw someone try to sell a Staff of Jordan for 400g. Doubt anyone bought it at that price this early. Maybe if there were BGs…

This is garbage. Layers have nothing to do with it. Overblown hooey.

3 Likes

Layering = easy mode. You can get hundred of gold easily by abusing it.

According to Blizzard it’s vastly overblown. Though I take that with a grain of salt.

What blue said was BS. if you layer hop, you get so much gold doing it consistently that gold is just pennies to you.

Have you done it?

No but I’ve seen people do it on streams. I refuse to cheat my experience in classic with layer hopping.

One example we know is good is AOE mage farming. But what if you could 10X AOE mage farm by just constantly switching to layers with new mobs. Really you are just saving time, but ya you could make a lot of gold off just vendor item drops. Dude better have some bags tho!

How out of the loop are the forum posters to not know about layer hopping. People said this was going to happen months before the game released lol

#MyClassic

1 Like

Of course Blizzard tries to downplay it. Because telling the truth about it would make them look very, very bad. But the addon counts don’t lie, and neither do your own eyes, if you pay attention in-game.

1 Like

Well I have been leveling in a bubble for the first 30 levels and its been awesome! Easier than I remember, but still an awesome experience in that bubble.

Like I said I followed and /cheer’d the first dude I saw on my server with a mount, but now its kinda feels less Epic if anyone at all cheesed this. I sure don’t feel like its worth following and /cheer anyone that got it ez mode bfa style.

That what actually works? The part of the post acknowledging that they have something to fix simply says this:

We’ve been monitoring players’ use of layers, and we agree that we should add a delay between subsequent layer transfers.

That by no means says “Layers make all of this possible, bro.”

Then there’s the rest of the post that says the following:

Under the hood we have all the controls I talked about in the Reddit AMA before launch, a few secret weapons we haven’t discussed publicly, and we’re working on deploying some additional controls to further restrain layering from being exploitable

~and~

We’ve been closely monitoring the effect layering is having on economies and other aspects of the game, and many of the stories we see posted are wildly inaccurate. We’ve seen screenshots of banks full of rare crafting materials, which we’ve investigated and proved false.

~as well as~

All realms have a single-digit number of layers. Most of them have a low single-digit number.

Rest assured that there are not people running around with banks full of (Thorium) Arcane Crystals or Black Lotus.

Unless you are asserting all of that is a lie, and I don’t deal in conspiracies.

That being said, the addon is an issue as it could cater to a small portion of the population who could be trying to exploit. I see no reason why this addon wouldn’t be broken considering the LFG addon which essentially did the same thing under a different name was already denounced. I wouldn’t be surprised if this one’s functionality was broken in the same update.

1 Like

Total up every streamer.

They are sub .01% of the player base.

Even if every person watching their stream does it, we’re still sub 10%.