Epic Losses in a row can you beat it

So when we win you can come here and tell all.(I’m the best damn mage) :wink: :muscle:

1 Like

Fair enough. :smile:

1 Like

Ohh… alliance is back to being terrible tonight. Maybe it’s the people trying to cap their conquest for the week. Lotta trolls. Lotta bads. Meh. /grumblegrumble

lol , just did an AV and about 30 ran straight to galv, of course the Horde capped all 4 towers and won the game in about 15 mins, but hey , we got Galv

1 Like

Won temple and lost brawl as horde… went merc and won AV :laughing: and lost AB.

I just won IoC and we Dominated I don’t know if I wanna quit for tonight or keep pressing my luck. :grin:

haha, right? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

So some thoughts on last night’s epics, playing horde-side

Played an IoC where I thought we were going to lose because the alliance got the Hangar at the start. Somehow, it still ended up being a close race to get the gate down. Alliance get our gate down first, so I run back to try to defend the GY flag as long as I can, and only a handful of other horde are scattered around also helping to defend. I die after stalling alliance from getting the flag and check Capping: “Alliance Boss 20-something%, Horde Boss 90-something%.” We win.

Got into a WG where I thought we’d lose because we have only 3 healers, are on Attacking, and lose the initial battle at Sunken Ring. A little time/fighting passes and somehow we all have rank and the ability to make 12 vehicles. We start attacking the West wall and bust through; however alliance are defending and push us back a bit. I notice we need WSs (down to 8 vehicles) so I head over to EP along with a few others and have a great small-group fight to take the WS. Obv. I can’t see what’s going on near the keep’s walls, but I notice the alliance have access to 16 vehicles and we are going to be down to 4. Next thing I know, the Horde wins music is playing. lol

So I really don’t know what it is about alliance in epic BGs but they often seem to somehow ‘throw’ perfectly winnable games. :laughing:

/end WG-like walls of text

5 Likes

Oh man, tell me about it :roll_eyes:

I played Alliance epics most of Saturday and there were sooo many instances of “snatching defeat from the jaws of victory” :roll_eyes:

The biggest difference I notice between Alliance and Horde is that Alliance will just “give up” and stop trying once the bg goes sideways (with a decent amount of ragequits occurring around the same time). On the other hand I notice Horde will keep fighting even when the bg starts off kinda rough (for example losing the first teamfight).

I’ve seen plenty of turn-arounds from Horde in the “late game”, but it’s rare to see similar comebacks from Alliance.

2 Likes

The only Epic BG alliance has issue with is AV. They really need to change the alliance tower design … either make it like horde or make horde like alliance . It’s ridiculous how easy it is to defend the horde towers compared to alliance .

Continuing tonight with my mercing study …,. Won temple (very exciting game, made up 200 point gap in last few minutes) , AB ( trashed horde, had all 5 bases at the end) and IoC . Lost a close AB and got trashed as usual in AV

1 Like

Putting aside the overall attitude differences as mentioned by Gdtroll, I tend to agree. Like others have commented I think the only way AV can be properly balanced is to mirror the map. Another possibility is blizz could make the starting positions randomized (chance for alliance to start south and horde to start north).

1 Like

They need not mirror the map but they need to change the tower design., I got blown off IBT 3 times trying to take it in the game tonight .It’s just nonsense and purely unfair that horde towers are so easy to defend

2 Likes

Played IoC we took control Hanger got the doors down got the boss down to 45% horde wipe us and then won.

1 Like

Sorry

Did you catch my /lick at least?

1 Like

I was thinking that was you, but no when it comes to PVP I hardly ever look a chat but good game. when y’all turn it around, we could not get that many to defend our base.

1 Like

Did a guild premade… farmed horde for an hour and a half… even managed to summon ivus… best moment though was recapping shb with 1 second left to deny them a tower kill. If you’re having trouble winning bgs or epic bgs… just group up with guildies or friends. EZ wins.

It was when yall charged docks at the end, I made sure to get that in before I went down.

Good game though, pretty close

1 Like

Shout out to Jarawana, just saw him in a Horde AV, he ended up leaving before the match started though??

Why did you leave? We won in 12 minutes flat :joy: :rofl:

Good thing Horde actually KNOWS how 2 rush :+1:

Every time Alliance tries to do the same they fall apart pretty quick

You missed out on a quick 65 conquest points :joy:

1 Like

Idk how you guys stomach epics so much in the state they are in. I give you all props tbh.

Meh, they’re still fun if you play Horde

I think they’re fun on Alliance too, even during losses, but that’s just me. Alliance bg chat is hilarious :rofl: The only time it’s no fun is in those situations where Alliance is getting GY farmed, but that doesn’t happen often.

A few moment ago I just got out of a 43-44 minute long winning Horde AV, we summoned the Ice Lord and it was a lotta fun :cowboy_hat_face: