Epic Deserter debuff for Epic Battlegrounds?

If a BG went so bad and there no way to make a comeback, why even bother with chat go do your own thing get kills. If you can solve the problem with players QUITTING thank you solve backfills.

Electric shock bracelets or helmets might be a good add for the next patch.

2 Likes
  1. Create better maps.
  2. More advanced AI scoring. If you do effective things and help your team even if it’s losing you earn currency for cool items.
  3. Equalizer items and buffs. " No one wins at war" - weapons of mass destruction deployable by the losing team. Explosives with huge knock backs, plague items, armies of the dead multiply causing mayhem and lag for everyone.
  4. Silly items. Losing team becomes truely undead. Ticking dot causes them to die unless they can feast on an enemy within a certain time frame. Until than they take no damage. The dead rule the battlefield until a timer expires.
  5. Destroy the lore and have mixed horde/alliance games. Everyone becomes a merc.

Increasing penalties for leaving won’t do much besides make participation go down.

4 Likes

Definitely this. And the debuff should include arenas, dungeons, raids, and any type of experience or advancement of any type.

And if there was a way that this super-debuff could carry over to other games, I would be a proponent of that too.

It infuriates me when I am the filler idiot taking their place in a losing match after spending 40 minutes in a queue.

1 Like

If they want out, then let them out. Nobody wants to hear the complaining.

Plus, ive been in a ton of bgs where people drop, we get good replacements…and go on to win.

I fully concur.

That’s too bad. Just don’t leave Bgs then. They really should do something about epic deserters.

2 Likes

Last epic AV alliance side. Had a few deserters, replacements were better and we won.

It’s dumb to try to make them stay. What are you going to do, chain them to their PC and make it so they can’t turn it off?

Staying is the opposite of fun for them. Especially when they are getting farmed. I don’t usually care that much in Epics myself, but I am not so self centered that I don’t see where others wouldn’t want to endure a 1 sided battle.

5 Likes

This is exactly what would happen. Whether it’s less people queuing up for bgs or people simply AFKing in a corner during losses to pass the time, the result is less participation.

2 Likes

I say compromise and make it so you have to leave ten times in a certain time period to earn a debuff and wind up in a leaver’s queue for a few days.

Dungeons are 30 minute deserters. Why shouldn’t Bgs have that?

Nah, nobody is expecting that level of digital fascism. Just shift the “should i quit or stay” decision making point a little. People that don’t want deserter adjusted must quit every game they play, win or lose.

Nothing suggested is unreasonable for a good person.

1 Like

I respect opinion of this fourm posters Gdtroll, Inemia, Jarawana, Jugaa, Taivora, Bustacap and there’s probably a couple more I cannot think of right now sorry. But a quitter is a quitter, no matter how you look at it no matter how you label it one AFk Is just as bad as the other. this problem is going to get worse until something is done about it.

The debuff we got now is fine, just make it account wide that would stop the ones that quit knowing that they couldn’t log onto another toon and do BG’s. I’m sure Blizzard could come up with something for the ones that afk in the game and do nothing. I cannot think of anything right now, but that is also above my pay grade.

I don’t think it should be on the first afk of the day. DC’s and real life do happen at times. Maybe give a “3 strikes you’re out” type of scenario. The first 3 of the day (or week) stays the same. But if you’re deserting more than that then you should have a decent punishment.

1 Like

I did not think about that great ideal. :+1:

1 Like

When you DC in a BG you are still in the BG when you log back in. It should be a one-strike debuff.

1 Like

Depends how long it takes to get back in. I’ve never had the problem but I’m sure someone out there has been dcd long enough to come back to deserter. But maybe 2 and the 3rd strike is when account wide or longer time click in.

I have had the debuff before for DC It is what it is I just wait my time and Q back up. That’s why I was saying the debuff what is 15min? Is fine just making it account wide.

Half hour is no big deal for freak occurrences. A suitable sacrifice for the greater good.

Not sure why. I have never had it for a DC. It should be longer than 15 minutes. It should be account wide. It should not tick down if you are not logged in. It should not tick down if you are afk. And it should apply to all aspects of the game for your entire account.

Either that or take care of the back fill players. Give them the same honor/conquest rewards as the team that wins.