Epic BG Team Fights

Why have these become an unplayable lagfest in the past few weeks? I only remember it being this bad in that Southshore vs. Tarren Mill brawl in the past. Now it’s every single Epic BG team fight.

What did Blizzard change? Clearly there’s been some kind of server downgrade or something different on their end causing this. It makes these already terrible BG’s even worse.

I’m sure they can make us a ms paint stick man drawing explaining it.

At this point my expectations have fallen so far for this company I’d gladly take the figurative slap in the face of an MS paint drawing as I’d at least know they are aware of the issue. As is I am resigned to expecting this as my standard experience for years to come or until it somehow gets even worse.

I almost feel like blizzard has good ideas but actibliz turns them into bad ones.

If I had to guess, it’s the all the 8.3 Corruption stuff (some of which even come with “animations” as they proc). That’s probably why epic bg teamfights are more laggy lately.

Imagine 80 players all in the same (small) area for a 40v40 teamfight… and then consider AOE spell animations, essence procs, azerite trait procs, and corruption procs+corruption “animations” all going off simultaneously from these 80 players :grimacing:

It’s obvious their behind-the-scenes-hardware is older and/or cheap, because big PvP teamfights also happen in other multiplayer games, but the lag is no where near as bad as in WoW 40-mans.

1 Like

it doesn’t have to be, if their code is written with a lot of cpu expensive functions, they can cripple even modern hardware with the amount of math going on in a 40v40 teamfight right now.

this lag started in BfA with scaling, and i think that is where the problem is.

Good guess as it for sure is terrible since 8.3 launched. Whatever happened to them making sure this game is accessible to a wide audience and developing it for the lower end systems? Mine is not lower end at all, but I doubt this type of thing would be happening if they still adhered to that wildly successful philosophy.

The lag has been this bad, in my experience, in large scale pvp fights since july 2018 in the bfa prepatch version of darkshore. When more than 40 players were in the same subzone, the lag was as bad as it is now. Bfa prepatch meaning without azerite traits active, and with our legion weapons disabled.

I think the devs are aware of it, at least in ashran, because they themselves experienced the same lag we did when ashran the bg was tested on the PTR that one time.

1 Like

scaling was added with the bfa prepatch, it has to be where the problem is.