Entered too many instances recently

Running the holiday boss with all my toons and i get in a group and i am unable to enter the dungeon and keep getting the message : You have entered too many instances recently " Why am i getting this on a toon who i have not ran any thing with today ?

4 Likes

Because the cooldown for running instances (limited to 10 per hour) is account-wide.

4 Likes

Sorry for the confusion , Reddemption. As Kyzera said, the restriction is by account. It is designed to prevent abuse by compromised accounts used for exploitation, botting, etc… Normally you wouldn’t see it, but during the holidays it is possible to jump into multiple instances in a very short time if queue times are good.

4 Likes

Just encountered this myself. For a drop as rare as the rocket, this is the poop.

The worst part is, there’s no timer (that I can see) or anything to let you know when you can keep going.

20 Likes

There isn’t. It just expires exactly one hour after the first instance is completed, IIRC.

7 Likes

While I appreciate that a CS post has been made, isn’t that the exact point so many of these complaints over the years, specific to the holiday bosses?

I think people are expressing that they wish the holiday boss runs shouldn’t flag your account as an instance run, I mean they’re not even the real instance anymore are they? Are the normal SFK mobs and bosses even spawned into the Chem Co version?

I fully understand why it was implemented but it would be nice if just during a holiday boss time, there could be some sort of short term solution to this frustration.

13 Likes

Then those people need to submit their suggestions via the proper avenues. Customer Support is not a suggestion or feedback repository for the game.

For this, you’d want to post in the Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios forum, or utilize the in-game suggestion tool via the help menu.

4 Likes

@Ekon

In my case, this has been done every year for every event like this. The in-game suggestion tool has been a godsend. I actually didn’t think to add a line about others making a suggestion, so I’m pretty glad you brought that up.

3 Likes

After a week i am still getting these and its a load of crap . Why in the world do lift the 10 toon limit per realm and not get rid of this ??

3 Likes

Because forum staff are not game developers, and the developers haven’t found it necessary to do so to-date. All you can do is keep making a (periodic) suggestion either in-game or by posting in the Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios forum.

6 Likes

It isn’t a bug, Reddemptlion. Unless our Developers decide to adjust how that works again, it will continue to work that way weeks, months and years from now.

I should note, the restriction used to be 5 instance per hour, which was adjusted to 10 not that long ago.

As I stated previously, it is in place to help prevent abuse from exploitation, botting, etc. Sorry for what inconvenience it may cause you but unfortunately some inconveniences are necessary for the overall protection of the gaming environment.

9 Likes

I’ve been doing 12 of these runs on most days (in my forever search for a Love Rocket since Vanilla). The wait time once you get to 10 should be minimal. Take a short break and do a chore or two, it won’t kill you.

96 runs this season so far. crosses fingers

4 Likes

I never hit the limit running my alts. Then again, I only ran as DPS. Which gave me a wait time.
I can see people hitting it if they are trying to run every possible toon as a tank or healer. Especially when those bosses weren’t hard.

1 Like

i have the same issue and I only ran it 7 times!

Same answer as it was a year ago.

4 Likes

Here is the weird thing: my bf and I run this event together, he gets locked out after 10 tries, he can’t get into the 11th run. I can get into the 11th run, in fact I can run every single toon I have after the 10th toon and not get this message.

I run 14 horde toons and then 4 alliance toons, I only have 1 account that I have high enough level characters on so it’s all my main account, and I get nothing locking me out. The very first day I got locked out of one, but since then, straight in a row, no locking out… in the meantime he is halfway through his toons and has to take a break.

Do you run at the exact same time? I usually find that if I space out my 10 per hour, by the time I go to the 11th I don’t get a lockout. If I get 10 done very quickly by queue times, then I get the lockout until the hour’s over.

2 Likes

Yes, we queue together and we get instant queues because even if we are dps, we try to make a tank/heal queue since the boss is so easy (normally I would be totally against this).
In fact, he even takes a 3 minute break, because I have 1 more horde than he has so he waits for me to get to alliance.
The only thing I can think of is that he usually is leader of the group.

Are your toons on connected realms? I have some on Kilrogg, some on Winterhoof (as far as Horde), and when I switch realms to do the extra Horde I have on Winterhoof, it doesn’t seem to care about the toons I’ve run through on Kilrogg.

This year, I’ve had counts as high as 14 runs in the single hour, spread out over the two servers, without instance limit warnings.

However, if I try to go over 10 toons in an hour on the same server, I get locked out.

Not sure if this is a bug, or intended, or even happening to everyone. Just some food for thought.

The limit is meant to be account wide.

1 Like