Enough, PvE Currency time

Items from Mythic + and Raids should be able to be broken down into a currency, like scrapping azerite armor, and used to upgrade other items to a higher item level (your max upgrade rank should be determined by how much / high your PvE completion has been).

This way, even if you have only seen a 2her drop from a low key, you could break down other drops you don’t need and use the currency to upgrade the 2her.

3 Likes

If people are asking for parts of the azerite system back, you know things are bad.

But busting out M+'s for a week for no drops only to get Dups while you have 11 slots that could have got a 10-20 iLvl upgrade…

How does that even happen?

5 Likes

It’s just an example of a loot recycling system. It makes it so you don’t feel like bad drops are a complete waste of your time.

This would allow you to basically upgrade good drops that need ilv with bad drops / dupes that would normally demoralize the heck out of you and make you go check out the new Path of Exile league.

3 Likes

PVE gearing needs to be more deterministic. Don’t want to see the return of epics raining but gearing needs to be more reasonable for systemlands moving forward IMVHO.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what OP wants here…If you get a piece in M+ you have no use for, you should just trade it to someone else. Or disenchant. Or free 100 gold.

Not sure how can loot influence your key upgrade…Unless I misunderstand your entire post.

Instead, all they had to do was introduce badge system. 1 per boss +2 extra for a timed run.
LFR/M0-4 ---- Drop Badge of Cookie ----to buy 200 pieces 15/each
Normal/M5-9 ---- Drop Badge of Banana ---- to buy 213 piece 25/each
Heroic/M10-M14 ---- Drop a Badge of Cheeseburger — to buy 226 piece 30/each
Mythic/M15+ ---- Drop Badge of Starbucks — to buy a 236 piece. 30/each

1 Like

I can tell you right now, in about a dozen interviews Blizzard has said that they’re never going back to tiered badge systems. They even gave an hour long talk about it at the Game Developers Conference.

You are misunderstanding, let me explain.

You complete a key, you get a piece of loot you don’t want. You could trade it (but Blizzard actually dislikes this behavior and has tried to discourage it in a number of different ways). Or you could take it to Venari and she could give you “Infused Stygia” which can be used to upgrade other raid or M+ gear’s ilv. This would discourage trading- something Blizzard wants to do.

In terms of key level / clear level, upgrading would work the same way it does in PvP.

You upgraded an item to ilv 213. Want to upgrade it to 216? Clear stone legion generals or have an average of +12 timed keys- just like how when you go to upgrade gear in PvP it would say, “get to rival”. Want to upgrade to 220? Kill Sire heroic or have an average of +15 time keys (KSM).

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/patch-905-ptr-is-now-available/864321
Whoopsies

1 Like

It’s not tiered badges, as you suggested. It’s a currency,
“The currency used to upgrade Mythic Keystone gear is Valor, which is earned from completing Mythic Keystone dungeons, or by doing covenant Callings, with a weekly cap. Upgrade costs will vary by item slot and will be consistent across all item levels.”

I even guessed KSM correctly,

“Want to upgrade to 220? Kill Sire heroic or have an average of +15 time keys (KSM).”

"and then to item level 220 by completing the “Keystone Master” achievement for all +15s in time. "

Fair point. My bad.

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

The new valor system is tiered isn’t it?

Would be full raid at least, since sire kills go around for cheap, imagine everyone dishing out 100k? 150k? 200k? … and being able to upgrade gear to 220.

No.
It’s a single currency, just like conquest in PvP.

This system is exactly the sort of thing I wanted.

But the rewards are tiered based on content done.

In pvp it’s tiered off of rating. Ilvl for valor is tiered off of keystone level completion.

Maybe it’s not tiered the way you’re thinking, but it’s still tiered.

At the end of the day, it’s the same thing. You lock the tiers behind content difficulty. Whether you make the trigger a currency that comes from the difficulty level, or the accessibility to upgrade based on the difficulty level you get to the same place the same way.

What’s the difference im missing?

As long as they don’t bring back random loot tokens with it.

Scroll up, the person this is in response to was talking about Wrath of the Litch King’s badge system where we ended up with 4 or 6 of “badges of X”