Enlisted Horde/Alliance Imbalance

On Frostmourne, which is a rather Alliance dominated realm, my Alliance characters receive a 30% enlisted bonus. But my Horde only 10%.

Please help me understand why. Common sense, to me, says it should be the other way around.

1 Like

It’s that way all across the OCE servers, alliance outnumber horde 10-1, and get XP/loot boost from WM which makes it even more unbalanced.
Someone at Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to link OCE and NA servers when it comes to calculating the bonus, and despite it effectively killing world PVP its been that way since the start of BFA

Pretty much this. They linked everything together. Day/night cycle, calender. I guess whoever at blizz decided it would be easier to only deal with 1 of everything instead of having separate OCE issue. I bet soon we’ll lose OCE realms completely.

Personally I’m on Alliance so doesn’t bother me though I do think it’s a bit unfair. But near the end of BFA I was noticing a lot more horde around than alliance (Especially later on it night). Though I think even more horde have WM off because if you turn it off you notice even MORE horde and TBH probably not worth 10% bonus.

But… I cannot fathom why each realm doesn’t get its own calculated Enlisted percentage.

My only guess is… (I am a filthy casual by the way so I’m not necessarily clued up to the current state of things)…

there used to be this thing called realm hopping. I never did it. I suppose if the Enlisted buff differed across realms then people would just “hop” onto a different realm. So… Blizzard just do one calculation which everyone has to put up with on Frostmourne.

Is my guess correct? Not even sure if you can still realm hop. Always seemed an exploit to me and surprised it was allowed to be honest.

Edit: I play a variety of characters with no real main. I am both Alliance and Horde so this is not a sneaky dig at anything. Just saying.