Enjoying exclusive items is normal to MMOs, video games, and humans in general

Specialness is subjective.

1 Like

Dude, go touch grass until you’re ready to engage without acting like this.

5 Likes

Make posts with a less idiotic premise that wont get shut down by an average intelligence person with 10 seconds of time on his hands.

10 Likes

so you didn’t buy this tshirt because you liked it, and you knew it would later remind you of the amazing experience you had? you bought it because it was limited time and you could show it off to people later, when they know they’ll never get one? so you could hold it over their head? otherwise i don’t understand why anyone else owning that tshirt would damage your specific experience of that concert. i went to a weird al concert a few years ago, i got to meet him, get an autograph and bought a tshirt. would i be upset if i saw someone else with it later? hell no, i’d geek out with them about how cool weird al is and how much fun the concert was, whether they went or not. do i get upset seeing people buy his autograph on ebay? absolutely not, that in no way changes the day I got to meet him and got my own, it will stay with me for life

13 Likes

Will you take a few minutes and explain this to me?

I went outside and touched grass because I’ve seen the suggestion here on the forums three different times already. It was grass. What is supposed to happen?

10 Likes

Well this isn’t condescending and deflective of what people are actually saying. :roll_eyes: /s

Let’s get this out of the way, they have the issue with the item being time exclusive simply put. That has never in any circumstance mean they have problems with people enjoying the exclusive items. That would be like saying “I hate how Spiderman is exclusive to the Playstation” means to you “Oh so you hate people enjoying exclusive items”. All it does is just dismisses it and talks about something that isn’t even being talked about.

Value (emotional value) is subjective. Exclusivity isn’t quality, in the same way that popularity isn’t quality either.

Region locking is never a great concept.

Literally too much. Honestly, i just wish their wasn’t any, mainly because pre-ordering games that you don’t know that their going to be good or not until launch is never really a smart move.

While in your rant about exclusive things here, i’ve noticed you didn’t bring up games that are exclusive to one platform… :thinking:

A lot of people like pre-ordering a game before it comes out. Doesn’t make it right. :man_shrugging:

That isn’t the issue, stop strawmaning. :man_facepalming:

I’m skipping this because you’re not making much of a point here on why we need exclusives other then your subjective feelings.

Double standard much?

Also, the way you said this, your implying your going to lose the appearances when people get them. Why people keep thinking that if somebody else gets that appearance, you lose that appearance? You don’t lose anything.

…Gosh, i wonder why people are calling them names. It can’t be because of that. :confused: /s

I can’t tell if this is hyperbole or honesty from you, either way, i don’t think this is a good look…

Nobody is denying (at least reasonable people) that the mage towers were hard. Especially since there’s really only one way to do them.

This thread’s existence says otherwise.

9 Likes

Like honestly, i don’t get this mindset. Their experience doesn’t diminish, their items doesn’t suddenly go away when somebody else get the same thing they got. I swear, this behavior is like the exact same as PS fanboys. "Either this stays exclusive or it’s worthless :crazy_face: ".

10 Likes

He’s just essentially telling you to go outside. No different in effect to the other phrase some people like to use (on websites that allow stronger language like Youtube) as a sort of… “counter” to your arguments. I use “counter” very loosely because… it’s not. Infact it’s not even anything.

For this one in particular, if you go outside, then somehow to the op, that will make you agree with them… When in reality, it doesn’t ultimately matter if you did or not, your opinions and arguments stay the same.

2 Likes

The responses in this thread are better than expected. I do wonder if people realize their own inability to empathize with the OP is indicative of their own narcissistic tendencies.

“If you don’t agree with me you’re a narcissist! I’m not even sure what that is, but I know people don’t want to be that!”

3 Likes

i get a thig u dont to LOLHAHAHAHA is call happys in life that i dont gotta look on new WOW pet for

1 Like

Sounds like not enough people agreed with you. Idk if it was your intent to shoot yourself in the foot on that post, but #nice nonetheless.

4 Likes

Oh, I just threw that in to blend in with your posts.

Great, that’s one way to feel about it.

If the concert vendors told me I was getting a piece of history (I’m going with this for relevance sake) and then went back on it because some loud folks demanded access to the limited print X years later, I would feel slighted. I’d have been lied to, I would have spent extra “effort” (money, and thus time) buying an item under false pretenses, and seeing someone with the item would no longer guarantee a nice shared experience; just the memory of being maligned because someone else’s desires were seen as more important to mine after decades of brand loyalty. Thats a bad feel. Why couldn’t they make a new, cool, maybe even better shirt?

It’s not a perfect analogy, I get that.

Yikes. /10char

Also: Called it.

14 Likes

i wouldn’t. i couldn’t care less, sell more of them, hell don’t even make them limited time in the first place, i don’t care. i still enjoy the item, and even better, now i have more people to share my enjoyment with

i don’t place my happiness on how exclusive the item is, i just enjoy it for what it is, and for the experience i had to get it (if applicable)

10 Likes

Unless its a farewell tour, and they all die after before having a chance to do a “coming out of retirement tour” then you literally never were getting a piece of history. Even if it is their last concert, that shirt will still be worthless 20 years down the road, unless you got it autographed.

Right. Because no physical item could compare to a digital item that can be reprinted endlessly with zero resource cost.

1 Like

Yeah, but, it’s pixels. Useless, valueless, extremely temporary pixels.

I mean, the game is fun. But it is just pixels.

I love my bow. I will always use this bow appearance. It means something to me. But it is just pixels and I don’t care if other people have it.

5 Likes

Great. You don’t have to care.

But some people do care.

Why should the people who don’t care get what they like at the expense of people who do care…? That what has been suggested about the issue all over the forums of late.

I don’t know, there are vintage concert shirts selling for considerably more than their original purchase price on ebay. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Let me ask you this OP. If Thanos snapped his fingers, and literally everyone in the world got a Ferrari LaFerrari, would you hate it? Would yours be “worse” than anyone else’s? It its top speed somehow diminished? Does it suddenly become “ugly”? Would you just leave it in a ditch and forget about it? Or would you drive it every weekend because its freaking awesome?

1 Like