Enjoy the decline of PvP

Spot on. Blizzard constantly makes it harder for casual pvpers

It’s not fun trying to gear a character through pvp. It just…isn’t fun having lackluster damage and survivability. I do not enjoy having to gear up BEFORE I can start to enjoy the game. This feels like a totally unnecessary barrier to entry - why do I need to get destroyed repeatedly while I grind up honor before I can start to feel like I have a chance? I suppose I could just do PvE get to get some gear, then at least I could smack people really hard, but that seems…counter intuitive (want to enjoy PvP? Better go PvE a bunch first and get some PvE gear).

Of course, I know blizz is dead set on having a gear treadmill, but surely there’s some middle ground to be found between ‘you’re a wimp until you have gear’ and how GW2 does structured pvp.

4 Likes

I switched to pve. I kinda screwed myself by paying for 6 months in advance. So gotta try find some enjoyment, so pushing a ww monk in keys now. Hope it’s fun. I hope… Please. Don’t make gear an alt pvp :frowning:

3 Likes

I don’t mind putting the time in to grind gear in BGS but when i’m 25 levels behind the best geared people because I don’t want to do rated I feel like rage quitting. I have one toon at 1600 and am attempting to get to 1800 but having to listen to some snarky little dweeb running the rated BG is not my cup of tea. I simply want to do a bg or two once a day and maybe a dungeon run with a friend and live for 2 GCDs.

I’ll wait for 9.1 but if they don’t fix this issue im done with this game forever.

7 Likes

They would love to have a few million people who give them money to not use the service. You think they give a crap ?

I’m working on my alt and to no surprise honor is the way to go for gearing but hot damn bumping into a geared player in random BGs is like :astonished:

3 Likes

Lmfao people thinking pvp is the way to gear is how you know they can’t think for themselves and just play mouth piece for streamers and youtubers. Nobody with a brain is doing random bgs for gear. If you keep a 50%win loss ratio in every random bg you do. We’re talking around 300 games. Anytime you lose 2 back to back add 3 more games to that number.

Or just spend 2 days finishing the dog campaign and farming anima and maxing your 197 that way.

Everyone has a right to complain even if they are one of the busted classes. The Op makes some very good points that I can not argue against. Even I am playing for shorter periods of time as I do other things that I find more fun and interesting like just watching tv.

Not every anima gear slot has vers on it (not to mention other secondaries). How can you not know that.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother trying to go too far down that road. This is the same person who thinks anyone who assumed to pvp to earn pvp gear is an idiot.

Also, the notion that you can finish the campaign and farm enough anima to upgrade all of the covenant gear in “2 days” fails to mention just how many hours per day you would need to commit to to pull that off in 48 hours. And as you point out not every covenant has vers gear.

except if you are venthyr lmao, only one piece of the venthyr covenant gear has vers and its cloak and i think that only necrolords have vers on nearly every piece

This is true. While I did it in 2 days on my next to most recent alt, I can play like 6.5 hours a night at work. Most people can’t.

1 Like

Revert sap back to it being unusable on a target that’s in combat.

Look at these people defending this game, and anyone believe Blizzard will fix their crap?
Dude even if Blizzard pull out TV snowflakes in the screen they could still believe its a good game.

1 Like

I’m still having fun. Why wouldn’t I defend the game?

What? Lol

Hey bud. Last time I checked 300 pvp games for your min requirement for your pvp set. Comes out to around 75 hours of time in Battlegrounds. This only goes up if you’re below a 50% win loss, or have any stomp games that don’t last around 14 minutes.

So geee 16 hours of in game work for 197 set, or 75 hours of in game work. Which isn’t counting que timers. lmfao, but naw keep thinking that 197 honor set is the way to get into RBG’s.

2 Likes

Tactics living the baller life

Atleast they account bound the memories … man that would have sucked so bad getting them for each toon

Lets see where covenant 197 could get you to

What incentive made you to do so?
I simply couldn’t do this to support Blizzard this way since their overrated crap namely Legion