Enhancement Shamans Thunderstorm?

So looking at all sides of Shamans would any Enhancement Shamanslike it if we got thunderstorm as a ability. Could help with defensives esp if we can use in stun like Elemental Shamans.

1 Like

The problem really is, Enhancement is meant to be a melee spec but in PVP we have to kite around like a caster as we can’t go toe to toe with any other melee without a dedicated healer. We need better pvp tools that actually give us some control over a fight, I’d much prefer Lightning Lasso was added to the Enhancement pvp talents.

That also brings up how absolutely horrible some of our pvp talents really are for defence or CC, the only talent that works well is Grounding Totem in that aspect. Everything else is mediocre or soley for damage. It’d be nice to get some tools like disarm that can really hamper melee specs fighting us, we’re great with casters with Grounding Totem.

Actually no we have aleays until legion been a hybrid melee caster spec.

Legion is when blizzard decided we were going to be melee.

1 Like

But fundamentally we do our damage in melee, if we can’t go toe to toe with any other melee it’s frustrating. We also are subpar in defences, crowd control and mobility to a lot of other classes too, so the type of playstyle we have is hit and run.

But we’re not Muhammad Ali, we don’t float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. We’re dragged around by Ghost Wolf and trying to kite and keep our 20% damage reduction up, whilst hitting for practically nothing outside of Ascendance. But even Ghost Wolf can’t kite as well these days and by the time we get to attack back our health pool is substantially lower.

If we stand and fight in melee with other classes, they have extremely better healing mechanics that will top them straight back up, not to mention they have tools that counter melee directly. (Disarm, Touch of Karma, etc etc.) What do we have? Counter-Strike totem that they can tab target and remove in one swing. Great. Lets not even mention Ethereal Form which is a very niche spell and actually removes our only damage reduction ability in Astral Shift.

Our healing in BFA is absolutely crap as well. So we can’t easily heal ourselves back up and if we do heal it uses all of our maelstrom for offensive capabilities. In Shadowlands if our healing is subpar and not tuned well again then we’re going to suffer badly.

I agree and I have pointed out the issues as have many others.

We have said return what was removed. But my thoughts in this is if your stunned you can pop t storm and knock all of the melee on you away.

Problem is Thunderstorm is a 45 second cooldown and so many other melee now have such mobility it really doesn’t close the gap long enough. Thunderstorm could also make us extremely strong against casters as it can count as a interupt, I wouldn’t say no to it but it goes against what we are, a melee spec and when we’re always trying to runaway from combat then I see that as a problem.

Lasso would be a good ability, it does a lot of damage, it’s a 5 second stun channelled and we can distance ourselves and move out of LoS. But I’d prefer it if Blizzard gave us some more tools that allows us to stand toe to toe more rather then distance ourselves all the time.

We are already strong vs casters with a 30 yd range interrupt. And with fury of air they can not run fast enough. Of course this is enhancement with fury of air.

Well basically if you can use it while stunned it would help vs rouges and warriors to some small degree.

All enh needs for defensives is shamanistic rage to replace astral shift (it sounds way cooler anyway no idea why they ever changed the name) and have lightning shield reduce dmg taken by 8% and be able to put both earth and lightning shields on at the same time

2 Likes

Just to add, play elemental in BFA pvp rather then enhancement. Very similar play style, kiting around. But you can actually do good damage from a distance and have more control over fights with Frost Shock and Lasso.

Enhancement is diabolical in 1vs1/2vs2 currently. With Shadowlands not fixing any of the survivability issues and our healing being atrocious outside of MSW, I can’t see much changing.

I have no Elemental gear. This shaman has mostly been enhancement since i created him.

like for a 3 month period i went Elemental when thunderstorm was added to shamans but other than that i have been enhancement.

I’ve been enhancement since vanilla and up to 8.1, I finally gave up and felt much better in pvp. In pve I still play enhancement, I wish I could play enhancement in both pve & pvp but Blizzard don’t really seem to care about the spec in pvp.

Well it is said Ion plays shaman but he plays resto or so that is what people say. Personally i do not believe that. If he does he should try to dps and pvp as a dps shaman both specs of dps. shaman is in a poor state and as it is thanks to him and lack of direction will still be that way.

A lot of the dps classes are saying its all doom and gloom. Apparently DKs arent doing that will if you read the forums and same is said about ret. Only class i haven’t heard much complaints from on the forums is dh.

tbh it’s got to the point with enhancement in pvp where you might as well just give us a bow and make all our abilties some sort of shot. It’d work perfect for the kiting playstyle they encourage and we could then do damage whilst on the move.

I’m being sarcastic but it’d honestly work a lot better then enhancement in there current state in pvp.

1 Like

Well thats why we are getting shocks back and going back to the hybrid we used to be.

Kiting with frost and flame shock won’t do that much damage. Frost shock will help our kiting with it’s bigger range though.