Enhancement Shaman PTR Changes

(Omegaspirets) #141
11/09/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Nimox
In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

We’re adjusting the following talents:
  • Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
  • Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
  • Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
  • Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
  • Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
  • Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
  • Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
  • Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
  • The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

Thank you for testing with us on the PTR!

While I think change is good and there is obviously some effort here from blizzard to address some issues with enhancement here. Lots of changes. Why isn’t there someone at blizzard putting this much focus into Elemental?

(Swigneous) #142
11/09/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Nimox
In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

We’re adjusting the following talents:
  • Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
  • Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
  • Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
  • Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
  • Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
  • Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
  • Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
  • Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
  • The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

Thank you for testing with us on the PTR!

*facepalm*

(Chocky) #143
Wait for 8.1, it will be fix!!! Now wait next expansion?
Dev are just making fun of us for picking this meme class.

(Flexshock) #144
im not sure if you guys read these feedback posts but these changes are fine, if you compensate elsewhere. Ascendance should have been baseline ages ago.

coming from a pvp perspective, i knew the triple stormstrike build wouldnt last, and im glad because its boring. However, we need to be compensated elsewhere. Remove shamanism from the gcd and instead of just flat out removing static cling, replace it with doomwinds. We will go from a high consistent dmg spec BACK to a damage window spec, which is why i played shaman to begin with. Enhance was not op in legion but we had kill conditions once a minute with doomwinds. Outside of that we kinda flopped around the arena healing(poorly, which has been gutted in bfa so, still poorly)

If this is the end of enhancement changes, which i assume it is, the healing nerfs and mana regen nerfs need to be reverted. That way since we dont do any dmg, we still bring good utility.

(Nightblade) #145
So, switch out our nerfed talents for the recently buffed ones.

Thanks, got it.

(Blitzwerk) #146
This proves it. You guys are really out of touch with the shaman community. Not many devs play serious enhance from what it seems.

(Dacious) #147
11/09/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Werdup
You're better than this.

Are they though?

(Varrow) #148
If you have more coming you need to say so in a post like this. This is not a rework. This is basic damn tuning that should have been done via hotfixes weeks ago.

I ask again, what. the. F. Do the people responsible for classes actually do? Because they sure as hell aren't working on classes.

(Hpellipsis) #149
11/10/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Varrow
I ask again, what. the. F. Do the people responsible for classes actually do? Because they sure as hell aren't working on classes.

Probably a tonne of other development stuff for other parts of the game. Doesn't sound like the people they have doing class development do it as a full time thing, and it doesn't sound like they're given the time / space to do it within the company even when it needs to be done this badly.

Priorities lie elsewhere, which Ion has said multiple times with his comments about how much the team should be focusing on providing content to continue the "player story" whatever that means. I doubt that's the decision of the class developers themselves.

(Oprahwinfury) #150
The 3 biggest issues are

1) The spec is RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. Whiffing a bunch of autoattacks and getting 0 procs feels awful and it sucks to be doing 8k dps during bloodlust just because I have zero control over whether I actually get to do damage. Even having a lot of haste and mastery do nothing to rectify this. Giving us the nighthold 4 piece bonus (20% on lava lash to proc stormbringer) might be a good start.

2) Maelstrom cap makes trying to manage it a nightmare, but even when you manage it well, lava lash is so anemic that you barely notice

3) Our utility is pretty OK in M+ with lust, shear, purge, and 2 aoe stuns to stop interrupt immune casts, but we are squishy and bring nothing useful to raid groups, and many of the fights in uldir (especially in mythic) are very punishing if you have too many melee. The flexibile class that used to bring lots of buffs now has none.

How do any of the changes listed, which frankly are insulting when we have been told for months to "wait until 8.1 for a rework" supposed to address any of these problems? It took me like 10 seconds to open calculator, multiply the maelstrom cost and damage Fury of Air does by 40 (the CD on sundering) and realize "woah this still does less total damage and costs 6 times the amount of maelstrom even if you are in range 100% of the time, what idiot designed this talent?"

Also, as an aside, there are 3 capes in uldir but only 2 weapons I can equip, one of which is from the last boss, and I need two of them? There are 5 total weapons in dungeons enhance can equip, but 7 capes. Can you please actually itemize some axes (which every dual wielding agi dps can use) instead of swords and warglaives? There are literally zero agi axes in the entirety of endgame content. Or just, you know, make 1hs have both str and agi on them?

(Cariono) #151
I'm just hoping that this is the first of many waves of fixes to come. I can appreciate making talents more competitive, but this does nothing for the Feast vs Famine gameplay we have with Stormbringer procs.

As many others have already stated, I too would like to see a discussion on what our niche is suppose to be. We don't bring any utility like Shroud, Healthstones, raid buffs, etc. The stuff we do bring, like Capacitor Totem and Lust, are already brought by so many other classes that are more desirable. I can appreciate Earth Elemental, but even Force of Nature feels better than our pocket tank with it's 1min CD vs our 5min CD.

I've been playing this class and spec since 2005, and I'm too stubborn to change even if it is mechanically flawed. I'm not one to pick a new class if I don't enjoy mine, I'm simply the type that will probably let me sub lapse and I'd rather it not come to that so early in an expansion.

(Rakruwah) #152
11/10/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Hpellipsis
11/10/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Varrow

Probably a tonne of other development stuff for other parts of the game. Doesn't sound like the people they have doing class development do it as a full time thing, and it doesn't sound like they're given the time / space to do it within the company even when it needs to be done this badly.

Priorities lie elsewhere, which Ion has said multiple times with his comments about how much the team should be focusing on providing content to continue the "player story" whatever that means. I doubt that's the decision of the class developers themselves.

they ought to finalize class designs and fantasies, redoing classes at the start of an expansion due to removal of essential systems will be a never ending pain in the !@#

I would also greatly prefer a content drought with more complete and fun current content to this unsustainable schedule they’ve been doing

(Streetsham) #153
Congrats to all the people complaining about being full on maelstrom, 8.1 for Enh is looking to make you maelstrom starved since lightning shield is no longer worth using without the maelstrom bonus.

People really need to shutup sometimes. I'd rather be overcapped on maelstrom and be able to pick the most optimal skills than to sit and wait for maelstrom via rockbiter.

People complaining about storm bringer rng are gunna cry even more

Hopefully blizz revert the Lightning Shield change or people are gunna suffer lol.

Edit: Also people complaining about being a build and spend class but blizz actually listened and give us a way to be in perma build mode where we can enjoy spending, but now we sorta !@#$ed lol.

(Fugubar) #154
11/10/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Misnthropia

Because it means the resource is essentially useless.

In theory, spending a resource fluently should result in more dps going out, however, there is no penalty to capping it because quite often it means you've got lucky due to a stormbringer proc, at the moment theres no urgency to spend the resource because Lava Lash is worth about 25% of a Stormstrike.

Whats the point of the resource if it actually means nothing?

Having too much doesn't make it useless. You can still use it on any abilities you want when they come off CD or proc. There is NO negative impact to having it sit at 100 if there's nothing to spend it on.
Now. if you want to add some unneeded complexity to the gameplay, raise the cap to 150, but make it so it resets to zero if it actually hits 150. Then overcapping would actually be a negative.

(Rixven) #155
This is what happens when you don't play your own damn game.

(Krugorim) #156
Well, my sub is expiring soon and I won't be resubbing. Probably until this nightmare of an xpac is over.

13 years I've played this spec, Blizz. How did you get so out of touch?

(Kalgromash) #157
It's a shame that most posts here are just angry trolly nonsense instead of feedback. Yes I am frustrated with these mediocre changes but I at least sent out what I'd change a couple of pages ago. It's also just as sad that these issues where talked about in BETA. Can't defend blizz when they spent more than 5 months doing no changes and then expecting us to be ok with this. Nobody wins here. Please step your game up devs. This one is definitely unacceptable. ps- majority of enh shamans.

(Arremon) #158
Good job Blizzard, this is the saddest, laziest rework imaginable. Class design in this expansion is the worst I've seen in the entirety of this game's existence.

(Yarblockos) #159
Pathetic. These are hotfixes that should have happened months ago. Not a supposed major patch 'rework'.

(Vaenaru) #160
It's good that Blizzard is trying to rebalance the talents so we're not so rigid with our realistic options, but there are still a couple issues here. Things like Lightning Shield being literally useless now rather than just toned down. Things like Landslide still not contributing to Maelstrom like the other 2 talent options (which is an even bigger issue when it's being buffed which may make it a top choice). Things like Fury of Air not being buffed nearly enough to be as strong over time as Sundering is in a single second even though FoA costs more resource over the comparable duration.

But more than that, every single change here could have been hotfixed in at literally any moment. Nothing here required months of waiting and a major content patch. It's exclusively numbers tuning.

The spec still struggles with excessive RNG dictating single target success and AoE viability (in the literal sense of the term, not the !@#$ty one WoW players use). RNG constantly flips us between sitting at maelstrom cap -- thereby removing any notable skill cap to reach toward -- and sitting at 0 maelstrom with no rockbiter charges -- making us flop around like fish out of water for entirely too long without another proc.