Enhancement Shaman PTR Changes

(Thunderpuss) #221
I let my sub lapse right at release so haven't played in about 3 months... reading these posts isn't making want to change that any time soon... or maybe when Classic drops I can go back to playing that horrible version of enhancement :,(

(Zythane) #222
Has there been any testing on PTR with these new numbers?

The only thing I do like about combined talents for Ride The Lightning is it does free up a PvP slot.

But it makes me sad, why do we have all these awesome talents in PvP only?

(Shamanette) #223
11/12/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Zythane
Has there been any testing on PTR with these new numbers?

[/quote]

These "changes" are not even out yet. They are giving you a heads up for what is essentially a glorified hotfix.
These changes will be simmed out soon enough and we'll have another cookie-cutter build, rest assured.

(Gorektar) #224
Yes, Theorycrafting has been done, no, your build isn't going to be any different.

(Alasia) #225
howling at these "changes".

i love that you guys have the gall to call this garbage a full rework.

(Zythane) #226
11/12/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Gorektar
Yes, Theorycrafting has been done, no, your build isn't going to be any different.

Do you have any links? Id be interested in reading.

(Marrendi) #227
11/12/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Exposed
11/11/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Æx
This feels like a rushed tuning, because of running out of time, again.

Blizzard, you don't have to release 8.1 right now.. leave your deadlines for once and dedicate the time this and a few other specs need. Get someone who knows and plays shaman to suggest on what's wrong and work from there.

The public image of the company is going down, prove us wrong.

Honestly I don't think it matters. They had plenty of feedback during alpha, beta, ptr and the last few months of the expansion to figure out classes.
As much as I hate to say it I think they need new class design developers. You could give these guys all the time in the world and they would still not come out with meaningful changes.

There are to many specs in the game that are just flat out boring and clunky to play. The fact that they had to bring Holinka back out of nowhere sets off alarms to me and tells me the current class design team does not have a clue. Perhaps they truly are playing to many mobile games. It seems like this company has lost their passion for the game all together and became more out of touch with the community. I think this expansion and the Diablo fiasco is evidence enough.

Personally I am also lost as to why there was not a talent tree update. It should have been completely redesigned this expansion or another talent row should have been added. There is no feeling of progression this expansion. You go from level 100->120 with no new talent row to select. Do you guys at Activision Blizzard releaize how stupid that is in an MMO and how bad that feels? Apparently not you are all playing mobile games. Getting 120 is the most unsatisfying thing ever this expansion. A lot of people put their faith into this company by keeping their sub running for 8.1 news. So far what we have got is a pile of garbage.

While I agree, they can't balance the talents they have implemented now. Adding a talent row at 120 could be fun, and was at the least expected, would turn everything upside down. The devs have displayed a lack of continuous support toward the current state of this game since Azerite gear. They've apologized for mucking up Legion with must-have legendaries and claim to have learned from their mistakes. Yet, we see them repeating the same mistakes even while they recieve considerably more player feedback. I think they've got "all their best devs working on mobile" and are having interns working on this. Interns that genuinely don't care what the feedback is or the state of the game, they're just crossing things off the list as they implement changes.

Maybe the Enh changes aren't noted or applied to ptr yet... but getting to that 11th hour, YET AGAIN, is unbelievably unprofessional. We were told that we'd see mechanical changes, but it seems like we'll have to wait until another future patch.

(Madalot) #228
11/12/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Marrendi
Maybe the Enh changes aren't noted or applied to ptr yet... but getting to that 11th hour, YET AGAIN, is unbelievably unprofessional. We were told that we'd see mechanical changes, but it seems like we'll have to wait until another future patch.

This is why people have a right to be angry about this. It's getting disgusting.
We can't take the lead developer at his word, we can't take the dev's at their word and the CM's either aren't allowed, or simply refuse to engage in conversation.

Blizzard is turning into EA - a purely 'for profit' organisation that lost interest in making GOOD games. And considering the level of quality they had for 2 decades, thats a damn shame.

(Sarok) #229
In terms of balancing existing talents these changes look like a good start. However...

None of these are mechanical changes. Could the 40% damage buffs not have been applied months ago? Like when the Arms mastery was buffed by 300%.

Why do we have to wait so long for coefficient changes? Any guide website seems to know 2 hours after patch that a talent is way under tuned. This disconnect between community assesment and Bliz response is was frustrates people.

A suggestion, with the addition of M+ and promotion of edge content like M+ and Arena (MDI/AWC) the priority of class balance/design/tuning in the work flow should be re-assessed.

I don't understand why there are so many dead talents for so many specs. You know which talents people are taking and in which content. You have all the data. Could you not buff dead talents 5% a week until their used?

Also, +1 on these are not the spec design changes previous promised.

Thanks

(Lockmanbry) #230
I love how blizzard is addressing issues, buffing these classes that are super bad right now AND people are still complaining lmao like gtfo

(Wreckstørm) #231
I'm about to cancel my subscription. We had faith in you blizzard... some glimmer of hope for 8.1. And you spit on us and left us in the mud.

(Madalot) #232
Right.
Can we get a response now?

(Encumber) #233
While these changes do balance the talents, they don't leave Enhancement as a desirable option for any content. And we just took a huge hit in PvP, hopefully they're are adding in new PvP talents after removing loved ones like static cling.

This doesn't fix any issues.

Our class needs a hook, something that people look at and say, "wow that is really good I want that in my group" Please make our class a unique draw that raids/groups desire. Maybe a 5% haste buff similar to the buffs that other classes bring.

Instead it feels like we just have a worse version of most things. The class at the moment really just feels like a worse version of Demon Hunter or Fury warrior. Please make Feral Lunge baseline and add a new utility talent in its place. Possibly bring back the healing rain talent in a reworked fashion.

(Evilsoul) #234
just hoping they actually read some of these posts for some real feedback.. if not were all doomed.

(Thalerion) #235
I lost faith in the Hazzikostas Warcraft team a long time ago, don't worry though he'll trot out on stage and give a monotone passionless speech about how they're sorry, they'll try to do better next time, and they're learning what works and what doesn't.

Seriously, it's more exciting listening to the Clear Eyes guy.

Most of these lessons were learned a decade ago but you threw away the code and decided to prune away all the fun, GG.

(Noraver) #236
Alright, I'll say it.

Is this an out-of-season April Fools joke?

(Astrae) #237
11/12/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Evilsoul
just hoping they actually read some of these posts for some real feedback.. if not were all doomed.

To add insult to injury, the forums are undergoing a complete overhaul tomorrow, and will be down most of the day. In the end, this entire thread will be archived and we'll have to start from scratch. Literally zero chance of a Blue chiming in.

Reassuring to know that Blizz spent more time revamping the forums than they did most classes. It's not like they even read them to begin with.

(Smoph) #238
I'm glad these talent tweaks totally had to wait until 8.1

Really shows off the competence of the design team huh. You have an entire alpha, beta, release and then several months post-release to finish a spec and you managed to drop the ball anyways... that's impressive. If I wanted to tank a games population I would definitely look to recruit you guys.

(Madalot) #239
Still waiting for a response blizz.

Stan Lee died today. Brighten up our day a little will you?

(Mirrass) #240
11/12/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Lockmanbry
I love how blizzard is addressing issues, buffing these classes that are super bad right now AND people are still complaining lmao like gtfo

Because you misunderstand the problem. We could be top of the charts blowing everyone out of the water dps wise, BUT enhancement still plays horribly. We are damn near a 1 button rotation. The talents are all boring pointless things to push even after this sad attempt to buff some of them. There will just be a new cookie cutter build by 8.1 launch because the talents are all set and forget because 90% of them perform best in all scenarios even after these buffs. We have no reason to be brought to raid mechanically because the class that shares our niche, subtlety rogue, does it better with a stronger kit of tools to help the raid deal with mechanics.

Let's not forget the most important reason these tweaks got a 13 page long rant from the shaman community.......WE WERE PROMISED A REWORK IN 8.1!!!!!
Flat out we had a longer thread than this explaining and laying out all the flaws in enhancement by the 2nd week of the beta, we were ignored till the end when Ion said they "ran out of time" he then said they would get us our rework in 8.1 when we reached the 11th hour of beta and no one had TALKED to us about it like not even a blue post going we hear ya. Well we are now in the 11th hour of 8.1 and surprise surprise they ain't done anything AGAIN! The "rework" we get is lol talent tuning. Like that somehow needed to wait until 8.1 to be done? Still waiting on the answer to this question btw blizz why did we need to wait till 8.1 for talent tuning?
I swear we must either be the most masochistic community or in some kind of beaten spouse syndrome at this point we keep coming back and believing them time and time again when blizz promises us stuff. All thats missing is a new stormstrike icon and the enhancement meme factory can go back to normal.