Enhancement once again getting the WRONG nerfs

this feels like a bfa mana regen type nerf
this doesn’t do a lot to discourage the REAL issue, overflowing maelstrom

they should have put a 180% or 150% modifier cap on overflowing maelstrom (10 stack spender talent) instead of making non 10 stack spells do literally nothing now

11 Likes

30% Increase to stormstrike to balance it out seems pretty big though, why not list that?

they did a similar thing to demo lock when they got double lego back in slands even so this isn’t an old theme of theirs.

instead of them nerfing the lego (balespider) that stacked demonbolt to hit harder, they nerfed the necro lego instead, making demonbolt do nothing outside of max stacks.

because stormstrike hits for 10k on a 350k hp pool…a 30% buff to a 10k hitting ability…

8 Likes

stormstrike does a relatively small portion of enhance’s overall damage. 30% buff to it doesnt “balance out” a 75% nerf to spenders. Do you even play shaman?

The reality is enhance got nerfed in pvp splits before DH, SP, feral, fury war, warlock, or rogue did and thats comically sad and hilarious at the same time. the meme continues

4 Likes

100% agree, i saw these changes and instantly my heart sank. its ENH shaman so i expected to get F’d, i just wish it came with some lube.

i disagree with this, stormstrike with wolves and frostwitch does meaningful damage and being able to play flurry and stormbringer means that it’ll do a ton of consistent damage with consistent malestrom generation

the issue i have is that they kneecapped base maelstrom making playing the SL 2 sets of 5 likely inviable in favor of the gameplay-downgrade version of 10 stack enhance DF created

overall this makes the SS build better (good for the class)
but it makes the gameplay worse (bynot knee capping overflowing maelstrom instead of base maelstrom)

ideal world they 150% cap or 180% cap overflowing and revert the base maelstrom change and enhance would be perfect

4 Likes

Don’t see this in the Dec 2 hotfixes did another one come out?

25% nerf to spenders increase. Meaning spenders will hit like 10-15% less hard. does 30% to ss = 10% to spender dmg?

1 Like

Those dk nerfs tho lol

1 Like

so they nerfed the defensive capability of the class that has no defensive capability and you are taking solace in stormstrike going from like 15k to 20k hits during wolfs? w.e man hf playing enhance in BGs or w.e

1 Like

i mean the stormstrike build is just better for the spec
it’s more fun to play and to play against

that is a good change that takes us away from being forced into lava lash talents yeah

idk if you’re trying to degrade me or if you’re saying that you’re going to die in bgs but either way you’re clueless

5 Likes

its a 28%ish nerf to our 140-60k ebs, theyll still hit for 90-110k i was doing the math, its still gonna hit hard. AND SS hits for about 30k right now(Combined MH/OH hit) on my shaman, so now itll hit for 40k, 60-80k when it crits?

i agree itll still hit hard, but a 30% buff to ss wont make up for it. so its still a nerf overall to the class’s damage and certainly a nerf to its survivability (imagine nerfing shaman defensively xd). Its just funny shaman got hit before dh feral sp fury and a few others

I agree the lack of DH nerfs is laughable, but they did state that theyre continuing to work on the dec 13th tuning pass, where i imagine feral and DH and lock will finally see some damage tuning

i agree the stormstrike build is more fun to play and play against. but it would have had to be more than 30% if they wanted it to be a real compensation. And furthermore, why nerf enh defensive capability?

i dont think SS build will be better tho, i still think after this nerf the spells will hit hard enough to still out pace SS build.

subjective, and ofc its more fun to play against ur a melee with 1 wall and now way less healing forced to sit in melee 100% of the time getting smacked to do less dmg than my fury or any other melee for that matter. <–SS build, which only works if ur winning on pressure which it won’t. idk man, i think this change did nothing, but ferment ENH perma B tier, and as u said made overflow Mandatory to do absolutely anything now.

this was a BFA S1 lvl nerf as u said and i couldnt have said it better myself

i mean its just the same story. “wait till beta” “wait till prepatch” “wait till launch” “wait till season 1 start” “wait till season 1 is over”. kinda bored

1 Like

super hype to go oom now with the 25-30% hp healing surges at 10 stacks

Actually I think i reworked the math. 10stack maelstrom increases damage by 250% percent, which is additive, because one stack increases by 25%, not “does 25% damage”, meaning overall it is doing 350% original damage, 100% being base, the 250% being the INCREASED amount from maelstrom.

Hypothetical numbers incomming.
Lets say EB has a base of 15k damage, at 250% increased damage it will hit for about 37.5k more, making it hit for 52.5 k.

If EB now hits for 180% increased damage, that makes it 280% of the base damage.

Meaning that a 15k EB now hits for 1.8x15k +15k = 27+15k = 42k

EB crit that woulda been 105k will now me 84k. So its about a 20% nerf to max maelstrom, not 28 as i originally thought…

So the 150k EBs will still hit for like 120k which is still like 30% of someones hp

1 Like