Enhancement Defense

one thing thatd help alot is armor buff for enhance. ele and resto have the benefit of having a shield (which isnt involved in their kit at all) but enh is just kinda stuck pretending to be a melee hunter.

this arms race is a bad idea tho. dmg across the board is too high, buff everyones trinket bonus HP by a ton then see.

1 Like

This! I did not know that was a thing … that’d be useful for other specs too … and a good reason to take it on resto.

That really depends on how you spec. Personally find passives uninspiring. I would prefer an actual button I can press and make the other player have to think about his rotation for the next few seconds.

yes but keep in mind we already have borderline too many buttons. might make it worth it to add somethig passive to an existing ability…

My thoughts is we have a spell with shield in it lighting shield, earth shield, water shield. So an easy win would to tack on flat % damage reduction onto our shield spells all 3. Make them so they cant stack to be fair and make it so they cant be purged, stolen, dispelled. That would help so much and as stated make it reduction to all types of damage. This would help in pvp and pve. Which would allow resto shamans to be a bit more viable when they toss earth shield on tank which would add to their defensives.

Return Shamanisitic Rage with its full functionality like it used to be. That would also help. And increase the Leech from the talent 2% leech isnt enough.

PTR data mine shows enhance is getting netherwalk for melee damage and 20% DR on magic as well, and astral shift is getting buffed…

Check it out on WoWhead.

https ://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-10-0-7-ptr-build-47910-datamined-class-and-talent-changes-331246

That’s ethereal form. Its a pvp talent we’ve always had. It replaces astral shift and makes you helpless while still being vulnerable to magic damage.

My bad…

I was hopeful for ya’ll !!!

This is a pvp talent when used. movement speed cut by 50% and as of right now it reduces 50% physical damage and you can not attack while its used.

Fixing our defensives is so easy and could be a win for people that love shamans. Yet blizzard continues to hold the view that reincarnation is a defensive. Which imo is the reason why they removed shamanistic rage. Ion called reincarnation a defensive and because we had it we would not be getting new defensives.

1 Like

Well man, then i’d prefer more active buttons for defensives than having reincarnation at all. I’m serious, get rid of my reincarnation or put it as a choice on the tree, and make the other choice active shielding of some sort where you can re-press the button to overload and get temporary defense. Shamans everywhere will prefer it and the ones who need less to do can just opt to take ankh

1 Like

Wish you stop repeating this nonsense. Reincarnation is NOT the reason why Blizzard won’t give us more defensives. They never said anything like that. That video clip does not say that.

They just want us to be a glass cannon/reliant on healing.

They definitely know reincarnation doesn’t work in PvP. Come on.

Where do they say that? The clip I link had someone asking about adding defensives after shamanistic rage was removed. And Ion says Reincarnation is a defensive just takes skill to use it.

And here is my receipt

So please show me where they say they want us to be glass cannon and reliant on healing. Because I provide receipts of Ion saying reincarnation is a defensive and just requires skill to use. So come on post your receipt showing what you say. So come on now you provide proof of what you say.

2 Likes

Reincarnation should be tweeked as a cheat death in PvP. 6 min CD.

4 Likes

I am all for it but lets be real and honest as stated I provide proof. Ion thinks of reincarnation as a defensive. And while as Zezu says its never stated thats while shamanistic rage was removed the fact the game director thinks this is a defensive shows proof to it being the reason. Personally there are quite a few things that could be done that are very simple to fix our defensive issues. But thats not what the Game Director wants.

It’s a 6 year old clip in which he appears to be responding to someone who specifically asked a question about reincarnation.

Yes, he said at the time that they were happy with the shaman defensive kit in general. Doesn’t mean that reincarnation was specifically the reason for anything. And doesn’t make sense that reincarnation would be the reason for anything related to PvP since it doesn’t even work in PvP.

Also doesn’t mean they are happy with the defensive kit today, 6 years later, when the game is very different.

As for why, we don’t have more tools. I’m speculating. Drawing an inference from the existing tools in the kit and how they’ve evolved over time. They seem to want us to be fragile, to rely on self-healing, and to be particularly vulnerable in stuns - as a counter to having strong healing when not stunned/silenced.

Problem right now, to me, is that they’ve changed the pace of the game. The pace of damage. And they are trying to counter it by increasing health pools. But they haven’t increased our healing to compensate.

So, if the old model was to survive through healing, that isn’t working well currently. So they either need to buff our healing, or give us something else.

And the PTR looks like 100% the wrong direction - nerfs to healing with no compensation. Which is actually shocking because enhance is already considered one of, if not the absolute worst, spec in arena due to how fragile it is. So massive nerfs to our healing make 0 sense.

I can only speculate and hope that this is a prelude to reversing out the nerfs to our healing in PvP.

1 Like

It is still out there this is the same as when asked about nerfing Demonology Warlocks and he said “Because we do not want you to play it”.

They they can address it instead of staying silent saying hey we know how Shamans feel weak defensively so we will be looking into that no the only thing we have is the clip I linked. Again you still havent shown proof of what you said that blizzard wants us to be glass cannon reliant on heals.

When there is evedence of how they have treated Shamans especially Enhancement why you keep toting this

From the evidence we have seen they seem perfectly fine with how we are now and will continue to nerf our healing our sustain into the ground while other classes like rogues and warriors get buffs. So yea if you want to tote that line go ahead but me I see what they have done and are doing and their actions state we like shamans being weak and 1 shotable and we refuse to add defensives to this class. I look at actions not what they maybe with the class.

You have your opinion and I have mine but at least I can point to proof and say there it is. What do you have as proof? And with that I am done with this conversation. But will continue to drop the link.

Then why can we only cast 4 heals that do abysmal amounts?

Or are you saying we are reliant on a healer?

It makes no sense to have a class/spec with almost zero defensives that have access to healing spells and said healing spells can’t cover the dmg you take. I have occasionally kill locks/rogues/shadow priests in PVP only to die from the dots because I couldn’t out heal the dmg.

1 Like

Yeah. What we have now isn’t working. IMO it’s because they bumped up damage and health pools in this xpac without compensating our healing.

Instead they nerfed the hell out of our healing with MSW nerf and fast dampening rules in arena. Now, on top of that, they are proposing to get rid of our healing modifiers…

I’d like to see them go back to treating us like a hybrid with meaningful healing. Like we had all throughout shadowlands.

1 Like

Can we all agree with this change:

PvP Talent: Remove Ethereal Form from the game

Replace:

PvP Talent: Shamanic Rage: 1 min CD, 20-30%; usable while stunned.

Shaman Survival is fixed.

Needs to dispel magic like the Shamanistic Rage Glyph.

2 Likes