Enhance shaman buffs?

I can’t find an up to date list of the total buff / nerf percentages but I feel like I’ve seen multiple buffs and nerf reverts. How is enhance looking compared to what it was prior to the 25% damage aura nerf? I thought I’ve seen multiple 5% buffs and like a 7% revert? Anyone have an accurate percentage?

I think in total its about a 10% nerf about, if im not mistaken and enh to me at least feels really good again and im able to hang out with top tier classes excluding dhs lol they are just too busted still.

2 Likes

Is it looking like a good idea to main enhance then? It was the most fun class to play to me but after that 25% blanket nerf with no explanation I’m a bit worried about starting out enhance.

1 Like

If you enjoy the playstyle, then I’d say go for it! I’ve mained enhance all through SL and I have absolutely no regrets, and I’m really enjoying the prepatch now too!

I wouldn’t worry too much about numbers unless you’re mythic raiding! Even then, it seems like enh could snag one of those coveted melee spots!

Depends on what you want to do - I looked forward to Arenas but without burst on par with other classes we are going to still be in a tough spot. Granted when we hit 70 our synergy could be very different. (I have only talked to a few beta players and they only dabbled in ENH)

For PVE, enhance will be completely fine. It will have the stigma of not being meta. But you will be able to pull your weight.

1 Like

if you mained enhancement pre patch we are back to our original dps output.

Primordial wave and the MSW talents + ele blast seems like it offers the best burst we’ve ever had. And from range no less.

We also get alot more cc tools with earthgrab, double shield unleash shield, double cap totem, lightning lasso, thunderstorm.

Sure, its a powerful spec and you bring Windfury Totem, and so long as that belongs to only Enhance, it remains a VERY strong influence on whether a group wants an enhancement shaman. For Warriors, Ret Paladins, Frost DKs, and Demon’s Bite Demon Hunters it can very well beat out monk buff in terms of total dps added.

In terms of fun, its very very fun, and a well designed spec. I don’t think any enh have said otherwise. The only issues are tuning, and we’ll have to see where it lands.

As for the blanket nerfs. If you stick around as a Shaman, you’ll find it’s just a Shaman thing. Nonchalant blanket nerfs or buffs are common, and sadly very little attention to detail is given to the class. While druids get forms upon forms, Shamans took a millenia to get any spirit wolf customization. Ankh is a “defensive”. Just grand ol memes like that all the way down. The plus side though, is that they don’t touch what the class is, and the theme of it nails everything I want from a “spellsword” class and voodoo/hoodoo elements are great.

1 Like

What a disingenous comparison — Forms are iconic to Druids. At the same time they started doing racial forms, totems were iconic to shaman, and we have racial totems now that vary for each race. Over time totem importance has waned, but to try and say they didn’t give us some unique art aspect is silly. Spirit Wolf also was never the iconic part of shaman like totems were, and its in the name Spirit WOLF, whereas Feral, Guardian, Balance, Travel form don’t have a specific animal moniker attached.

2 Likes

Same but MM Hunter looks worse. Look at WOTLK classic though. All DKs are S tier because they were the new shiny class. This is probably just the Evokers time to shine.