Enh or ret

Enh seems fun but people say it is bad,I definitely feel squishy questing having to heal a lot.
Ret feels way more tanky,You can’t die bubbles and heals seem better?
Not sold on the holy power.
Who’s better single target or in aoe?crash lighting looks amazing but seems under powered.

Ret is far better. It has more oomph with its attacks, and the utility it brings is quite good. Enhancement will feel very underpowered until you get maximum gear. Crash lightning looks good, but it doesn’t feel impactful. It also only hits targets a small distance in front of you rather than around you, making positioning more punishing.

It’s possible to get used to expending holy power. And if you learn how to manage your holy power, you can deal devastating burst within the damage modifier windows.

Sadly, both the ret and enhancement will feel boring over time, as each class lacks sufficient depth to keep one entertained in it for long. You’ll probably level both and try both then get tired of both, as I have done–with every class.

Enh will be fine for any content, just when you hit the top of the notch content then spec manners. If you like enh, then go for it buddy. Enh is squishy, but the instant healing surge are quite good for pve content.

Ret are more tanky and can heal more then enh.

Dps wise, they are both good

Play what you like more.

Dont let anyone discourage you, if you like enhancement play it, the Demon Hunters will be scared when the big pumpy enhance beats them in dungeons (happened today in my freehold 9, dusted 2 Dhs with better gear. 51k overall)

Unless you play competitive pvp, don’t touch enhance lol

ret paladin 100% enhance shamans are bad and the least played spec next to feral.if you have any pvp in mind go ret you will face plant with enhance.

the squishy gets much worse.

Ret is technically better in every way possible - literally nothing enhance can beat it on BUT you have to play what’s fun to you, enhance can be quite fun in BGs with a decent team.

1 Like

I’ve always found enh heals to be vastly underwhelming. :confused:

So with my shaman and ret paladin they are geared close to the same ilvl. But by far my shaman dose more damage. The holy power of ret makes me feel like a plated unstealthed rogue.

Enhancement shamans are more like fury warriors. But with the nurf to our survivability we are squishyier. There are times on my paladin where i can do nothing but auto attack waiting for cds for my abilities.

So for what it is worth play both and judge for yourself.

For pvp, its really bad after the huge nerfs.

In pve, it heal decently for a instant heal with our ressources. I almost hit 100k surges if it crit.

If you want more healing, you can go fury of air talent with memory minor essence for even more healing

Play what you want up to 120, but if you’re planning on playing dps shaman, learn elemental or work on ur ret pally.
Only thing ele can’t do that enh can is move. Other than that, it’s superior to enh in practically every single aspect.

Play what you would like, but the squishy aspect of enh only gets worse unless you’re like 100% max geared

ret paladin wings,bubble,100k templar verduicts,plate,2hd weapons and tank spec.

enhance astral shift,dw,ascendance,stormstrike.

you decide.

I keep wanting to like my shaman. I might try it out again.

Can be worth the try, they are fun time to time