Energy regeneration very bugged

Are you specced into dirty deeds in your videos? Alright just watched the whole thing, it’s happening when you’re ambushing as well. This is obviously spell batching because you’re timing it right as your energy is about to tick up.

No.

Also, pay attention to 1:05 of the longplay video. Something extremely odd occurs. I open with cheap shot (-60 energy). It displays me as having 40 energy. I then use sister strike (which costs 35 energy after speccing into it); however, instead of having 5 energy, I have 20 energy. My bar then tick then ticks me up to 40 energy.

Very odd. Something is definitely wrong.

I reported this every phase of the beta.

They did not pay attention to it.

Your energy tick is usually 20 but sometimes it’s 19 to 21.
My theory is that energy regen was rebuilt from current WoW’s energy system and it’s not a perfect 20 energy but effectively haste equal to almost 20. As a result, sometimes it’s rounded up or down based on it not being exactly 20.

2 Likes

You can replicate this bug with a level 5 rogue spamming sinister strike.

OP is right. This happened to me pretty much the entire time I leveled, pretty consistently. I’ll go from 20 energy to 41, or from 41 to 80. Sometimes it worked to my advantage. If it went from 41 to 60 it would only be enough for a SS, but no finisher. When it jumped from 41 to 80 I could immediately SS then Evisc.

I could never figure out what made it jump around so randomly.

2 Likes

You literally have zero idea what you’re talking about, zero experience on the subject, and yet, you speak with condescension.

Let me inform you, dingus:

It happens every time you open from stealth the same time a batch with an energy tick occurs. That energy tick becomes queued, and not received until the next tick occurs, where you gain both ticks at once (40 energy). You can do this with careful timing every single time.

This is a bug. It’s not “a shadow craft set proc derp”

This, I’ve seen 19 ticks too. The 21 ticks do occasionally get you where you need to use something, which is nice.

Took me two minutes of looking at videos from 2006 to see that 21 energy ticks were a thing back in Vanilla. The OP has been touting this as a “bug” for months now.

The 40 energy tick batches could be a bug or could just be the prevalence of energy tick addons being used today making the occurrence far more common.

Insults from someone with grey parses across the board, guffaw.

Classic is legit dookie due to the bugs.

I am hoping there is like 30 pages of bug fixes in the first patch.

You’re just stating everything as fact while having no rogue of your own. The 40 energy tick bug is massive. It essentially takes away our energy regen for 4 secs and then gives us 2 ticks at once. I at first thought it was perhaps just a visual bug, but skills still act like the energy isn’t avsilable so it’s definitely not just visual. I don’t use energy ticker addons, just a sense of rythme.

1 Like

There’s a reason Blizzard has posted a “not a bug” thread. There’s so many things that people think are bugs that are not.

You should read my post again; I don’t know if the 40 energy batches are just consequences of spell batching or a bug with it or something else. I do know that it took me two minutes to find video proving the 21 energy ticks were not a bug.

If the OP and everyone else in this thread are incapable of spending two minutes watching video from 2006, then their claims about all these other “bugs” are more than questionable.

Mr leet retail warrior, I bow to your superiority.

I posted on my Paladin a few posts back but okay, you got me. I’m a Mighty REEEtail WARRIOR HURRR.