Enekie and other missing players

Has anyone been in touch with her? It seems unlike her to not post for so long. It’s no lie that we’ve clashed quite a few times over the years over various things but with everything that is going on with the pandemic, I just hope she is safe and healthy.

With that being said has anyone else been absent since or during the pandemic? Maybe we can use this thread to check on people and make sure they are doing alright. Stay safe out there.

19 Likes

The last time we spoke they were doing work-related things which was… awhile ago. They haven’t been on their Blizzard account in over half a year, but I sent them a poke and we’ll see what happens.

Otherwise, no idea. I was absent from this social sphere for over two years so anyone I interacted with purely from a WoW standpoint is a mystery to me, so I am curious about some folks myself but mostly from a “wonder what they’re doing now” perspective.

5 Likes

I’m inactive a lot this year so unfortunately I can’t really say. =/

Enekie I hope you read this thread soon and that you’re doing really well!

7 Likes

I used to argue with Enekie a lot. They were a good person to debate lore with.

4 Likes

She’s been offline on bnet for 9 months.

1 Like

As far as missing players or people who haven’t been around in-game or on forums for awhile:

Zenrao and Taalva both have millennium permabans. Zandrae is fine. Haven’t talked with Kiethoo for ages, but I think he’s ok. Renhorn was ok last I talked to him. Balder is good. Balrik Bouldershoulder looks like he’s doing ok. Yurissa is good. Gilna is good. Tairneach is good.

10 Likes

Gods I miss the Bouldershoulders…most fun I’ve ever had in RBGs. What happened to the guild?

2 Likes

Balrik stopped playing. Cole and I tried to absorb what was left of the guild into Drakehammer Clan and made Three Hammers Battalion. Then Cole stopped playing. People stopped showing up for events. Cole made me dump the guild during an argument one night.

I think what’s left of them are in a couple of guilds in the Meadhall.

I’d like to know if Thane is ok. And also my friend Spetznaz needs to answer an email already!

2 Likes

They came back to the game in Legion to try to revive AAO which didn’t take off although a lot of old veterans did rejoin briefly which was nice. They are on my bnet from time to time but I haven’t spoken to them in ages…I think she mostly plays HoTS now when she is on.

Edit: Just spoke to Thane who is doing well but work keeps them busy for the time being.

7 Likes

On earlier today, IIRC, when I was thinking of a few Hearthstone matches between meetings because I’m a trash employee.

AAO was bumpin’ early on in Legion but - to my recollection - eventually a handful of the more prominent members got told to pound sand due to their attitudes, the small satellites around those folks eventually petered out / found other pastures with them gone, and then trying to clear Emerald Nightmare or do non-PuG heavy RBGs became pulling teeth.

Eventually one day I logged on and realized I had been the only one on for a week (at least not playing Horde). I absorbed a few members in the Blackmarch for a bit.

I miss the whole gang though.

Anyone know what happened to Bor, who like, made XRP? He seemed to just drop off the face of Azeroth in late Legion.

7 Likes

Whatever happened to Bubbs, Sulli and Drove, as long as we’re pining for yesteryear. Or at least Cataclysm.

1 Like

Actually, has anyone heard from Astrid or Thane in the last few years?

The last thing I heard from Bor was noticing that the license for XRP had been transferred to the owners of TRP3. I haven’t really heard anything from him since he left my guild just before the BfA prepatch.

1 Like

Man, these transitions suck. I remember all the people mentioned in this thread, even if we never actually interacted in meaningful ways. It was always fun seeing forum regulars in-game.

I do hope Enekie is well. We had our arguments and disagreements over the years but they seemed like good people. Nine months ago puts it at the start of 2020 becoming really 2020 with COVID. I earnestly hope they are well.

10 Likes

I kinda miss Qunitus’ posts as well.

11 Likes

So many have vanished, even just going back to last spring half the activity is people like Zenrao, Enekie, Zunde, and others who just seem to be gone for good now.

and I never see fellow male Draenei posters Marsoor or Juspions anymore

9 Likes

You know, sometimes we get people wondering what’s changed in the culture of this forum from the good old days, but this thread has really put it into perspective that almost no one from the good old days still posts here anymore.

…man.

12 Likes

I mean, I’ve been here since Cata and I’m still here (Under various different guises though honestly. Starstalker, Avers, Zagen, Yotz, Clinkscales, and now Vanndrel).

But on the flip side I’m not actively playing the game. I just like you lunatics for some reason. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Still plays, under a new character/name I don’t think they would want me to share but she’s still around and well. Suli…well…lol that guy was a silly silly boy. Last I heard he’s off server somewhere if he still plays. He once got flustered at me for being late to a raid the day my late grandparent’s house burned down. Also he really hated it when I hopped in vent with my name as C H O N G A as it would spell out my name and that irked him for some reason.

5 Likes