End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

That’s curious because there’s more of the game that’s solo content overall, than group content. Leveling included. If it was ‘designed’ to be played with people as you like to claim then it would all be group content only. That’s not the case, so clearly it wasn’t designed the way you think it was.

4 Likes

With people yes, in groups, eh, at least a 50/50 split there. Like I said before, WoW is designed for multiple players to be playing at the same time. Some in groups, some being lone wolves that might work with other lone wolves to get mobs down out in the world.

No, if you can, you should go play something like Final Fantasy 11, where if you did not group up you were likely DEAD. WoW was made so solo players, or those who’s friends/guild were unavailable, had something to do, You, and other idiots, think that with other people means in a group, I have actually had more fun taking on rares and other harder enemies solo at first and having others jump in.

If the added another G the ghe genre, for grouping, I will say that any who say WoW is designed to be played in a group comes across as: “I’m an idiot who thinks this is the way the game is and and who disagree are idiots.”

2 Likes

Mythic raiders have to farm Korthia much longer than solo players.

Reach tier 6 rep is only the beginning, need to farm and insane amount of currency to get slots in your gear and 252 conduits.

It’s actually insane.

You are right though the content is actually braindead in Korthia, few of our raiders got 10/10M without even doing the Korthia grind.

3 Likes

I think the intent is it’s another small power bump late in the tier with the sockets. Once players are already maxing out in 252 gear.

Remembering that sockets are above the item level budget.

They of course could just not have them, which is fine, but the raid isn’t going to be tuned easier to accommodate them being gone.

1 Like

Not quite. You could reach max level in Vanilla WoW by doing quests and killing monsters on your own. Raids were tacked on at the last minute just for something for max-level players to do. Later expansions added plenty of progression options for casual or solo players.

What you really mean is “Shadowlands gearing systems were designed to be played with people, not solo.”

3 Likes

You got it backwards. In your cited ^ example the guy doing high +25 keys for 6 hours a week is still more hardcore than the casual RP’er standing around for 10 hours a day doing RP. Come on man, you’re doing an apples vs oranges comparison

Hey I liked and support OP. I agree with everything he or she said.

4 Likes

No I don’t.

Casual is nothing but a metric of time.

If you play for 10 hours a day you’re not a casual player. You can be casual and still do high end content. This belief that if you’re a casual you’re bad at the game is ignorant.

3 Likes

No they didn’t. This is the biggest lie told.

4 Likes

On the contrary, it would be a lie to say that the progression options for casual or solo players did not exist in previous expansions. Millions of people experienced them firsthand, and news articles about them still exist.

We can only hope that Blizzard doesn’t butcher the systems with SoM garbage when the Classic versions of the good expansions are released.

1 Like

Yep, Korthia rep grind is only compulsory for the super min/maxxers, we achieved CE with only half the people at max renown and even less people on rank 6 rep. Some of us had 235 legendaries too.

After a certain ilvl all of the extra borrowed power systems are just optional and make the raid just that little bit easier.

4 Likes

True evil never truly dies.

1 Like

Then what were they? Because the only thing that existed previously were catch up mechanics much like what we have now.

Your glasses are clearly rose tinted.

Imagine an MMO not being designed for solo play

1 Like

classic was designed for solo play.

3 Likes

Not entirely true, but more importantly we’re not in classic anymore. It’s about as pointless as discussing something like BFA corruptions for SL

Its not pointless at all.

Don’t have to imagine that. Look at Shadowlands and how quickly it went from highest sales ever, to lowest subs ever.

An MMO needs to have more than premade group content if you want it to retain players.

4 Likes

You’re the one trying to say retail isn’t solo friendly and yet you can do everything outdoors barring world bosses by yourself
Then you say vanilla wow was more solo friendly back when fighting two mobs was a death sentence and the game encouraged you to group up to achieve anything, requiring you to find other people to do ANY group quest.
Name one group quest in Shadowlands. You can’t. Because the game is way more solo friendly than it ever used to be.

4 Likes

I reached 67 in TBC Classic and just couldn’t anymore. Everything was so dang inconvenient. From doing quests solo and having to heal every 3 mobs, to spending 2 hours in a dungeon.

If you wanted to have an easier solo life you had to do group content. Else everything is one inconvenience after the other. Yeah, you can solo to 70, but at what cost?