End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

And? I don’t get your point.

You stopped progression on each toon at some point to level a new one. You could do that in every x-pac including here in Shadowlands.

I don’t think leveling Alts is what the OP is complaining about. If anything there are more ways to solo progress now then ever.

Not choosing you on our group on Dungeon Finder is not bullying. You are not chosen on group finder becoz there’s tons of competitive people on the same dungeon finder trying to be chosen. It’s a competitive game and if you are not competitive, it’s a YOU problem.

The main difference I see is I did the exact same thing in Classic. The Classic Riverwind took almost 14 days to get to where he is. That is a tremendous amount of playtime (and he stopped once he hit 60 so NO max level dungeons).

In todays game, I would hit cap in less than a day /played.

THat vast majority of time people played were leveling, questing and professions because they were doing that for say 14 days /played vs only haveing less than 1 day /played.

Now its just rush to endgame and ONLY do dungeons / raids / PvP. If I play the same way in todays game, I would be leveling 14 characters in the time I spent on my Classic guy

2 Likes

Got plenty of friends. Don’t need a videogame for that. You are nothing more, than a random internet acquaintance in a videogame that I might say hi to on occasion. And that’s the way a lot of people have played this game since 2004. Do agree that this latest patch went in a more positive direction that helps the solo players out there. Toning down or getting rid of item level scaling, and keeping it in instanced content where it should stay would go along ways to ending some of these threads imo.

2 Likes

That’s fine but it has nothing to do with the OP’s issue. The OP wants solo prog at end game not more time fillers beforehand.

2 Likes

End the war and actually attract some new players!

6 Likes

the only thing you need a group for in wow is to raid and you can lfr that.

Honestly true, it’s not like ilvl means anything in the open world anyways since afaik mobs still scale to your ilvl.

1 Like

First playing the game is no “time fillers”.

The reason many people ask for solo content at end game is because the solo content that used to be the game is gone.

For instance, if say the game is 100 hours:
Vanilla was 90 hours leveling 10 hours endgame for most people
SL is 10 hours leveling 90 hours endgame.

If you are only going to give 10 hours to leveling to the solo player, we NEED at least 80 hours of endgame to get back to where we were in Vanilla

5 Likes

Not really. They scale down if you’re below a certain ilvl (currently sub 200 iirc), but they don’t go past that baseline.

Sure but once again that’s not the point of this thread. The OP wants solo character progression

And I explained WHY solo players like me (and maybe the OP because I cant speak for them) want endgame solo progression

2 Likes

Do you know what progression even means? The OP isn’t talking just about open world, non-instanced content for contents sake. They’re talking about gear rewards which is power progression…

I’m not saying what you’re asking for isn’t justified or valid. It just has very little to do with this thread.

Which is the kind of progression that is a substitute for leveling when there are no more levels.

All i Level does is replace character levels when the world builders ran out of world they built.

Edit This is what I fel like this conversation is:

1 Like

For many casual, solo, and altoholic players, leveling in Vanilla WAS the game. If you didn’t raid at max level, you could make gold through professions, run dungeons or quests that you didn’t get to experience while you were at a lower level, or start leveling a new alt.

Not weapons or trinkets, as of 9.2.

And what about Season 4, are solo players going to be stuck in 252 item level gear while Normal raid gets bumped up to 278?

The mere act of leveling in Vanilla WAS progression, because you needed every bit of power you could get through quest rewards, and every level felt meaningful because of talent points.

By the way, what are the many ways to solo progress in 9.2? I would argue that BfA 8.3 was the most solo friendly, and even 9.1 was better than 9.2 because you could progress to Upper Normal 233 in every single gear slot.

3 Likes

I have been pugging mythics on my alts… and it can be such a horrible experience getting into a group for the difficulty you want. Often people ask for overgeared folks. And some classes its just overall harder to get in a group if you lack a lust or battle rez.

I honestly wish there was a solo option for alts. The mythic tier sets are pushing me to at least try doing a 15 a week on most of my alts. And yeah pugging can feel so bad some days. Not to mention putting your own key, one bad apple can ruin a run, afkers who disconnect, had a tank with a bad mouse/viruz apparently that bricked my key level on my lock.

Sigh… the things I do for transmog.

2 Likes

That’s how I played in Vanilla. What stops you from doing the same thing now?

In Vanilla you hit a power cap if you didn’t Raid just like now except you also have M+ which is great for those who always preferred small group content and you have ZM gear for solo play.

Cypher and Sandworn Gear.
A free Legendary.
262 Crafted gear.
292 Crafted Lego’s.

A purely solo player can match someone who Raids Normal difficulty without doing any group content. That’s far better than we had it in Vanilla and TBC just in terms of player power.

1 Like

I agree with you that there should be an ilvl increase available to solo players, if only to make them feel better, but I also want to ask you this, hoping to make you realize it’s not that bad: What new solo content will there be that will require you to be stronger? If the ZM mobs aren’t buffed, you’ve lost no relative power against the content you normally do. Also if you have a stomach for solo dungeon queue or RF, that’s another source of upgrades. I agree with you in principle, but I also want you to realize unlike other content that will receive a difficulty increase, OW content is static this season.

Then they should go back to setup they had in BFA, and Legion. The Rewards you get doing solo player activities wq’s, invasions, assaults, etc scale up as the item levels of the stuff you get go’s up. Just cap it at a certain point. They can do that without ticking people off by not having to bring back war, and titan forging imo.

2 Likes

I have just recently returned to WoW after a very long break. I’ll be playing completely solo (I even made a brand new account for it, to get away from my former Raider days and have a fresh start). Here’s my goal for keeping my sub as a solo player:

I want to be able to solo all content from prior expansions minus 2 using equipment obtained from the current expansions quests, and Heroic random dungeon groups.

If I can do that, I’m happy to keep subbing. So right now I hope I can with my lowish gear solo everything up to Legion. When Dragonflight comes out, and I gear up in that, I would hope to be able to solo everything in BfA.

Keep that deal Blizzard, and I’ll keep subbed.

3 Likes