End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

I cannot think of a single rpg with the warcraft setting besides wow.
(I’d love to see an elderscrolls style game set in this universe but blizzard is never going to do that)

1 Like

Maybe it’s about the cosmetics, seeing as a lot of raid gear looks really cool
Raids also have story content locked behind them right?

1 Like

They like being around other people. They don’t like being forced to group with other people to do content they don’t like.

It’s pretty clear you’ve gone out of your way to avoid having anything to do with the majority of players, who are casuals and/or solo players.

People have many different interests, reasons for playing the game, and preferences for gameplay. If you hadn’t avoided having anything to do with most players you would already know the answer to that question.

Why is it you think you are “sociable” when you avoid contact with people you’ve never met just in case they might not like exactly the same things you do?

Also, a lot of people who do high level content would quit if you were expecting them to be satisfied with paying full price for the game and monthly sub but only getting a few hours of entertainment a week with nothing else interesting to do.

Do you play? You’re posting on a character that hasn’t been played this expansion.

8 Likes

It’s like going to a concert. Many people are there. But you arent there to socialize with the crowd. But enjoy the live entertainment. Wow has constamt updates. Something I can’t say for a majority of my favorite solo games.

And some games like pokemon can be completed solo but the multiplayer aspect unlocks stuff like trade evolutions and competitive pvp. Multiplayer being an optional game mode. In Wow the questing can be done solo. The endgame lacks a good competitive solo progression system.

7 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone, but I never said that I didn’t want to play with other people.

The problem with WoW ever since Shadowlands launched is that premade groups are mandatory for worthwhile power progression.

Yes, many people enjoy MMOs simply because of the long term progress and rewards as the game is continually updated. With single-player games, eventually the content is no longer updated and you have to throw away all your progress and rewards to start a new game.

This is the simple fact that WoW devs, competitive players, and content creators are denying or failing to grasp: Most current, past, and potential WoW players are casual and/or solo in their playing habits. However, they play the game quietly in their own way, and leave just as quietly.

Making things good for raiders or other competitive players is good, of course, but you are just going to end up retaining the same small audience. Making things good for casual and/or solo players is the only way for this game to grow again.

9 Likes

I love how every single one of these threads misuses the term ‘elitism’. Just stop, you don’t know what that means.

No, you do not deserve heroic level loot from killing 20 guys in a world quest.

You want to push for something like being able to gather rare resources and craft a bis drop like in classic/tbc? Or having rep reward gear that is actually amazing or close to bis? I’m 1000% behind you.

Heck, more solo character progression routes, like in MoP and prior, would be great in general.

But if you want to just do a wq and titanforge a 278 drop? Nah, that’s rubbish.

1 Like

Let’s hear your definition.

My definition of “elite” is a player who is naturally talented and highly skilled, who enjoys min maxing and has done whatever it would take to achieve top goals.

My definition of “elitist” is someone who uses the idea that “bad players = worthless trash human beings” as an excuse to behave badly to people they think don’t deserve to exist because they play some videogame wrong.

13 Likes

Just out of curiosity, do you not think that Shadowlands is the most “elitist” expansion to date, and this elitism (on the part of both devs and players) has naturally caused WoW’s playerbase to shrink?

You have to have PvP rating for PvP gear to not be useless. (Unranked PvP gearing used to be viable.)

You have to have Mythic Plus achievements just to take part in the new Valor system. (Valor used to be obtainable from LFR and Heroic dungeons, and gear could be bought without achievements.)

In 9.2, the best conduit upgrade item is reserved for only the top players.

Even the Great Vault excludes any solo or casual content, with the exception of LFR.

I was never a fan of Titanforging, but the game was better when we had it because loot drop rates were so high!

3 Likes

To be fair 99% of players do this for talents, covenants and legendaries.

It’s so easy to just click on a guide and be told what talents are best in this day and age even most casuals do this.

1 Like

What are you on about. WoW reached it’s peak during a period of it’s life that was far less casual friendly than today. Even Wrath, which was relatively casual friendly all things considered, required group content for gear progression. Hell in all of the years of WoW’s explosion in popularity queueing for PvE content didn’t even exist.

1 Like

Which came from group instanced content.

I find Shadowlands full of sensitive players who thought they are being bullied. Shadowlands is trying to cater every level of difficulty. And these over-sensitive players cant see this. Instead, they thought they are being driven away.

WoW has been Dungeons, Raid and PvP since the beginning 18 years ago. Solo is very easy on this game. To make it harder, they made content that could only be defeated with more than 1 player… the 5-man player dungeons. To make it even harder, they made content that could only be defeated by more than 10 players… the raid dungeons. Dungeons and Raids is where WoW is best for. And Blizz has done a good job of maintaining this.

WoW has never been designed for Solo. It has been designed to make players group up.

Yeah, you can solo on WoW but you would miss more than half of its massive content. If you want to pay WoW’s sub to play a small part of its content, that’s your choice. If you want to play limited content and skip the top notched fun stuffs from group content which are being envied by other games, that’s your choice.

You dont want to group up? Sorry, you cant access the goodies/prizes. There are many games that cater solo play. Why not play those? WoW doesnt make solo player happy. How could Solo player be happy on WoW, they have the worst gear in the game? How about think of this… You might be in a wrong game. If you dont want Dungeons, Raid and PvP, you would miss massive content that contains tons of fun stuffs. If you want that, just be contented to the limited powers of your toon. On every new expansion, would you dodge dungeons, raid and PvP over and over? Think of it. You just might be in a wrong game. WoW would not cater solo gameplay as WoW wants you to group to play its dungeons and raid. WoW has Korthia and Zereth Mortis… a catch up zone so you could move up and be stronger to defeat lower difficulty dungeons with a group.

1 Like

Shadowlands most certainly does not cater to all types of players. In 9.2, all I see is devs trying hard to cater to raiders.

Players are leaving not because they are sensitive but because the game offers no endgame progression for them.

Blizzard devs seem pretty oblivious to player concerns this expansion, but surely they have at least one person looking at the metrics and realizing that most players are not hardcore. And surely Blizzard also has at least one leader making the decision that it is OK to drive away the more casual players if there are short-term financial benefits to making basic MMO progression a more exclusive thing.

For millions of players when WoW was growing, the bulk of WoW was leveling, questing, and professions.

Today, everything but the three pillars has been minimized, which has also minimized the playerbase.

Shadowland sold a record number of copies, but why couldn’t the game maintain even a modest number of subs? Because the dungeons, raids, and rated PvP were all gatekept by premade group finder, instead of being open to millions of max-level players.

WoW was designed so that you could level up solo, which was innovative for an MMO at the time.

In most expansions, solo players at end game were fine with unrated, queueable, or open world progression systems.

Shadowlands has not made things better for casual or solo players, but has intentionally made it worse. Devs interviews confirm this. When elitist players try to gaslight the casual or solo players and tell them that they are being catered to and things are better than ever for them, and things are somehow worse for the competitive players, it only reveals how entitled the competitive players have actually become.

Thank you for admitting this!

No one can claim that casual or solo players are so entitled or spoiled, when it is a simple fact that you need to actually spoil someone (with superior treatment or the like) to make them spoiled.

10 Likes

I keep thinking that WoW is raid or die in 9.2, in the literal sense.

Devs are acting like the whole game will die if players don’t raid enough.

6 Likes

Enjoy your limited content… that’s your choice.

Enjoy your toons with limited powers… that’s your choice

Enjoy the limited rewards as you cant get most of them… that’s your choice

Enjoy dodging Dungeons over and over on every new expansion… that’s your choice

As long as you are happy, go play it. Not my money. Just dont whine on your limited stuffs.

If you are sad on this game, remember, it is all your choice.

Not always our choice, with the exclusive gatekeeping community the game has these days. Some of us would like to get to do the content but aren’t able to get the opportunity.

It is also the choice of folks to leave this game and withhold their sub money if they are not happy, which hundreds of thousands have already done. Do you think the game is going to survive off the remaining few elite cliques?

3 Likes

I rather have WoW die with dungeons and raid than convert WoW to become a Solo game.

Wow, that really says everything about you. I hope one day you can let go of all of the spite and hatred in your heart.

3 Likes

By explicitly giving access to what used to be a raid only system to literally everyone who wants it, no matter what content they do…

Don’t forget adding restrictions to raid items that almost nobody asked for.

1 Like

Hope it would subside one day when everyone accepts that this game is a Multiplayer Game not a Solo Game. MMORPG… Massive Multiplayer. Not a Single Player RPG.