End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

Ok,if you think that way fine.You are still going to level in gear,and you are going to be continuing gear leveling in the up coming patch and this will be a continue cycle that never ends and hasn’t end in the 17 yrs. Content continues to level and it will level .But continue denying this isn’t the tread in this game.

Him who? I was talking to you,is there a double? Are you talking to another someone maybe a ghost or boggon?

Terranox. I told him not to put his gear together based solely on ilvl and then you said it was a good idea. If it was, people wouldn’t sim. Sim the gear that you get in the next patch. It only takes a minute. Stop focusing on ilvl…it hasn’t mattered in years.

I was talking about now not in 9.2

Seriously ,you do have a problem .I think you need some help.

I think you need to stop giving advice. If he left this thread after getting your “help”, he’d be a worse player for it.

1 Like

I’m going to have to set you to ignore now. Have a good one.

1 Like

What advice ? I stating an opinion like other people do in the forum. Is that a problem ,yoo dude you there?

Good because you’re going nuts.

Well 9.2 is around the corner. I am more focused on that. And 9.2.5. 2 days worth of shards ain’t something to worry about. More about the gear. Might try and pug for the aotc mount later in the patch. But it’s not something I would really want to do in a guild run early in the season.

Ilvl matters to some degree, but if it didn’t matter so much then I don’t see why people are so worried about other players getting more of it. Especially since raid gear is best for raiding and pvp gear is best for pvping. I don’t see how solo gear can’t be good for soloing world content, solo modes like torgast and doing old raids/dungeons.

The influx of players returning to the game may also negatively impact dps queues for like mythic plus. I think blizzard should allow players to queue into more then 5 dungeons in the lfg tool to make pugging a bit better.

1 Like

Solo gear is good for solo’ing world content. It’s just another kind of PVE. If you want to get the most out of it, sim your gear. It’s not really necessary for that content, but you might as well put the best set together that you can.

I try, but haven’t really simmed. Usually go for stuff like leech trinkets, or whatever I can get since really gear fear so sparse, well at least upgrades do for soloing tough bosses.

But I have been doing more mythic plus. Luckily I can switch to dps and heals. But some of my classes like my frost dk or demo warlock or ret pally feel like longer queues. I did go night fae ret pally just cause it’s zandalari and I wanted it to transform into a dinosaur.

Really just looking at good options for the last patch since it’s going to be here for a while.

Hopefully blizz will make it easier to do mythic eonar since the repair bill for failure is a bit much. And make stuff like soloing bfa raids possible. Or let legacy loot rules be done in old raids so I can do more transmog runs.

Your M+ progress is pretty good…better than most. Simming is going to be important for you if you continue doing keys in the 15 range for the rest of the expansion.

I can’t link here apparently, but check the icy veins guide for enchancement shaman. There’s a tab for simulations.

1 Like

oh I see what’s going on when someone talk to the air there’s more than one of the same .Keep talking to yourself.

Yea I usually check for icy-viens for stat weights and stuff. Usually its ilvl> most things except if power budgets are skewed like the shards of domination are. I tend to not sim for stat weights until I have multiple side grades. But I just started doing mythic plus so it’s not like I can be picky with whatever ilvl drops from vault. Nor did the solo gear compare to what I got in mythic plus to be something I would even compare simming for.

And usually for melee classes you want more weapon damage. And ilvl helps with that making stuff clear upgrades.

couldn’t have said it any better myself and I’m a player from day 1 vanilla

Stat weights can be misleading, but you can usually find a guildy that has a raidbots premium account. If you use his/her info, you can sim practically all your stuff at once.

1 Like

Oh yea I don’t pay for that stuff lol. I usually trust the community stat weights since It’s not like I am doing mythic raids and competing for slots. Generally ilvl does increase my output since I usually have recount show me progress. I noticed ttk for most things dropped with more mythic plus + gear I wore. That was nice overall. Felt good.

I’d suggest you switch to details for your damage meter. Recount doesn’t track downtime.

I usually go by damage done and click on the bars. Shows the pie chart, damage contributions and stuff.

Although I tend to like the aoe classes and builds more. It also depends on the class and spec I play.

You do notice a huge ttk and potency from an average ilvl of like 220 to 240. Noticable upgrades like a 210 weapon to 239 weapon on my sv hunter was a pretty nice boost. And with that piece I didnt have to farm research to upgrade the weapon which was pretty good. The extra weapon damage really helps with ability scaling overall.

Thank you Eleusia for your AWESOME post! I’m a fellow unseen solo player who has contributed greatly to the success of this game for 16 years despite the fact that I have never done an M+, PvP’ed, or became a “raider”. I’ve enjoyed wow greatly but the disrespect that solo players have endured is abhorrent. I already cancelled my account (again) and will expire June 9th. I know I’ll not be missed because I am already an outcast in Azeroth.

With that said, I truly hope that your message will be heard and make some positive changes in the right direction. All the best to you.

3 Likes