Enchanting vellum too low level?

Yes. Especially if it’s fun.

1 Like

It just doesn’t look good to have this issue when rolling out the new profession stuff. Was it even tested at all??

1 Like

Still broke.

1 Like

Still broken even after weekly patch come on blizzard

4 Likes

Interestingly, those same Vellums are usable in Dragonflight Beta for Dragonflight quality enchants. So “too low” for Shadowlands enchants, but just fine for Dragonflight enchants…

1 Like

I went to buy some enchants for my evoker and they are so expensive. Figured I’d just power level enchanting much cheaper but since I can’t enchant vellum, can’t do that either. Now I know why enchant prices are through the roof right now.

Breaking an entire profession is honestly a MASSIVE bug. Inexcusable this has persisted since prepatch. If this was working the other way around (we could enchant scrolls with no mats) it would be fixed in record time.

So many bugs right now, servers constantly having problems… DF launch is going to be a disaster. WoD launch 2.0.

Its going to be a ‘feature’… why would they fix it? insert sarcasm here

I wouldn’t call it interesting, more convenient.

Issue still persists as of 11/23. Blizzard, please.

1 Like

Still can’t enchant using vellum after all these days. This kind of issue created after an update is becoming very frequent. I can’t believe a corp on the stock market valued over 60B is that slow to correct their own mistakes. Very disappointing. (And still can’t see some freaking bg frames such as efc ones).

As of right now, issue seems to be fixed for my enchanter. Thank you for fixing this Blizz!

2 Likes

Now I am getting the opposite problem with Legion enchanting recipes. Says the vellum is to high level. Great fix, guys.

1 Like

Yeah, I cannnot do classic enchants on vellum “target level too high”.

Enchanting vellum is a special case, you should be able to put any enchant on it. The coding for enchanting vellum should also very straightforward (since it is such a special case where any enchant can apply to it). Something seems very fishy here. There should already be code that essentially says something like:

IF (enchant_target_type = enchanting_vellum) then valid := TRUE;

I’ve bought so many materials to try and sell things in the pre patch and a bunch of them have ended up being bugged crafts like this one. Trying to do life steal to weapon and vellum is a target too high :frowning:

I am having a similar issue, both today, November 24, and yesterday, November 23, 2022. While attempting to do the Work Order in Mezzamere, yesterday’s was enchant weapon: Oceanic restoration, and today’s is Force Multiplier, neither of these will enchant on my vellum, the on screen reply in bold red is “Target is too high level” Strangely enough, I could enchant gloves - “Kul Tiran Crafting”.
The only way to get the progression for the enchantment upgrade is to do these world work orders, please help repair the issue. I could not enchant the “enchant weapon - oceanic restoration” in the BfA Mezzamere, or the WoD garrison, or in Stormwind, so it is not the location. The vellum I had was in my bags prior to the Dragonflight prepatch, and after putting that stack in the bank, buying new ones from a vendor, same issue.

Help please.

This is just more proof that the people code in the game don’t actually play. The people coding the game don’t play the game because changes were made to the basic user interface that were unnecessary that made the game unplayable.