Employees Starve CEO Makes 40 million

That’s not likely to do anything to be honest.

Again, what needs to happen is the employees need to unionize. Go on strike. Demand better wages, better conditions, better benefits, etc… A big company like Activision-Blizzard wouldn’t even notice WoW shutting down; they make more off Candy Crush.

Giving vocal support somewhere visible to the people who work at Blizzard? That’s not virtue signalling. There is nothing we can tangibly do to help other than offer our support to the employees and encourage them.

3 Likes

So how about you go make your own company and pay everyone what you think should be acceptable. That’s how it works. You only make yourself out to be the bad person by complaining and not actually doing anything to make things better.

Be the change you wish to see.

Good luck.

6 Likes

You are trying to sell of your barbarism as realism. Caring for others is not weakness bro. Grow up.

12 Likes

I hate to tell you this… but the entire world has been ruled by the rich ever since the first caveman found pretty rocks that other cavemen were willing to trade things for.

15 Likes

Im sorry it is a low skill job, it does not require to pay more than it should.

That is how a business works. That is how the real world works. They get paid base off the value they bring to the company and that value is not much.

3 Likes

Why are you bashing Beaupeep?

If you want to fight then fight me, I’ll give you something to write about.

2 Likes

You act like they’re based in China.

4 Likes

You assume I don’t care about people? That’s laughable.

Also…

DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No.

3 Likes

I don’t know about that. If enough people cancelled their subscriptions for this exact reason, Blizzard might listen. Usually businesses will start listening when they get hit in their wallet. But not many people will cancel their subscription. It’s easy to complain (virtue signal) on the forum.

2 Likes

So you are admitting that a fundamental part of business is crushing employees to the point they are starving? Just how business works I guess…

3 Likes

No one is starving.

15 Likes

Because maaaan, posting on the internet is how we’re gonna change the world and feed the children.

8 Likes

If you like playing good video games, then you should want the companies who make them to pay their employees a competitive wage to attract new talent. Otherwise you get less skilled and less experienced people who are willing to work for less. If the CEOs are just pocketing the “record profits” and not using them to reinvest back into the company to make good games, you get crappy games. There’s no point in supporting a gaming company making record profits if they’re not using any of that money to make good video games and the CEO is just pocketing it.

That’s why you should care as a gamer.

9 Likes

While that’s true, World of Warcraft is only one IP, belonging only to one Studio under the Activision umbrella. If WoW lost all of its subs over how the employees were being paid, I can already see someone like Bobby Kotick deciding the answer isn’t to pay his employees more, it’s to cut jobs and shut down WoW to reduce financial loss.

4 Likes

There really is no we. I’m personally not fond of what’s going on, but I’m not going to virtue signal and pretend that speaking out here will do anything. You can vote with your wallet and for yourself. Personally, I will be playing Shadowlands. Call me selfish, call me awful, but I can’t spend my life worrying about checking every single thing I purchase and information behind it. This is the Capitalism world we live in.

That said, though this will sound hypocritical, I too have my list of companies I won’t give money to. I can’t do everything or everyone, so I pick and choose who I will and will not be giving money to.

OP, that’s your prerogative. But no “we” need to do this or that.

7 Likes

40??? what exactly he is doing ? - NOTHING.

3 Likes

Blizzard employees starve…

My biggest issue with this topic or similar topics is that we don’t know the whole story and we are just hearing one side. Instead of wanting to hear the whole story, people are ready to grab their pitchforks and torches and who cares what the other side has to say.

Aside from that, then I start thinking about a big piece of the pie. Are they so called starving because they are not making enough to survive, or are they so called starving because of other factors.

If you are living outside your means, that’s not the company’s fault. Maybe the company isn’t to blame and there needs to be some self reflection. Especially in the department of needs vs. wants.

You need a place to sleep, you need to have food in your belly.

Do you really need to have take out every meal? Do you really need to have that really expensive phone? Do you really need to have Starbucks every day?

My guess is that you would like to have those, but you don’t need those to survive.

Just my thoughts…

11 Likes

Bobby Kotick is a nice guy.

I wouldn’t work for anyone if working there left me starving.

3 Likes

Too late and we don’t know enough about the situation to make an informed decision either.

1 Like