Emissary azerite reward

What ilvl do I have to be in order to get the emissary azerite to be 445 and not 430?

My experience was very close like within one or two of that level. Like that character would probably get a 430. I have alts around 415 and 430 and they are getting that for the emissary.

Weird thing is, I was 427, got 1 piece of gear from a quest and became 428, and the emissaries are now 445… Kind of a weird system.

We still don’t know exactly how it works. But we do know it doesn’t work off just your average ilvl as shown on your character sheet. We know they include all items you’ve ever had, even if it’s only ever been in your bags and even if it is for other specs.

We also know it is a weighted average, weighted to the kind of gear the reward is. So for Azerite gear rewards your current Azerite gear counts more somehow but we don’t know how much. Which is why sometimes two chars with the same overall ilvl get different rewards offered, because they differ in the key slots.

We also know there are breakpoints of course where it switches to the next ilvl bracket up, but since we don’t know the exact formula we can’t really say what those are. It does make sense that yours changed between 427 and 428 though. Back when it was simpler, we worked out that the breakpoints were simply halfway between. So back in early BFA if your ilvl was 327 you would get 325s and then when you got to 328 you would start getting 330s.

Then on top of that some emissaries give a bonus to ilvl, sometimes just +5 but for Azerite it can be a lot since they can only be every 15 ilvls.

Generally if I am close to a “…2” or “…7” ilvl number I see if I can nudge it up because that may change the reward, but otherwise it is probably too much to make a change in time for that emissary.

That’s interesting two of my alts are 429 and 431 item level and I still got the 430 rewards.