Embrace Your Orc or Human Legacy with New Heritage Armor Sets

the human sets look the most generic pieces ive ever seen.

orcs beat them

2 Likes

Well I mean we are the generic race of any fantasy world so It’s in line. I enjoy them, I can see the call back they were going for

8 Likes

Ok, I’ll start because nobody notices. Why do Humans get different colors and variations of their armor but Orcs only get colors? …

6 Likes

There is no right answer here you’ll be happy with.

2 Likes

The human red armour variant looks promising for a Scarlet-themed mog.

3 Likes

Only question I have is, why are there different styles for humans, robe vs. non-robe, yet Orc is just the same set with different colors and no other styles.

4 Likes

It was a perfectly normal question and what does one have to do with the other?
So get off your high horse…

Humans are preferred again and orcs have to make do with the leftovers. It’s not equal and it’s unfair…

3 Likes

Oh snap. Time to check the rep status on my human and orc toons.

1 Like

Why does the image in this first post have red plate armor that isn’t listed as one of the options for the Human heritage armor?

1 Like

That would have been neat. What human faction is red and gold?

when are we gonna get troll heritage armor -.- humans and orcs kind of had heritage armor in BFA, no love for trolls T_T

2 Likes

My army of Dwarfs nod in approval. /raise a cup to heritage.

3 Likes

TBF, all the races left over had racial gear.

Trolls had ZG, ZA and Throne of Thunder.
Draenei have TBC and WoD armor.
Pandas have the rest of MoP raids.
Forsaken and Nelf had Darkshore sets plus that Warden outfit we can 10 months from now.

But I’m ready for the missing sets. Hurry up, Blizz!

2 Likes

Except they are still sporting Stormwind Lions. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

I’m not on any kind of horse, I’m in full agreement with you, humans got the better end of the deal. Maybe you are just a professional victim or something but I am agreeing with you.

4 Likes

Most races answer to an archetype, a cliché if you will. Blood elves, lore-wise, will be mostly mages and paladins, with a specific culture in mind.

But humans exist in real life. How do you condense the entire human race into a single armor set ? You can’t, you need variations.

This means I may finally level up an orc priest.

3 Likes

Kul Tirans collectively weep at your response :smile:

1 Like

Looks great! Can we perhaps add similar options (e.g. more plate looking or more leather looking, color options) to the other races’ heritage sets as well over time?

1 Like

I mean, both he humans and the orcs were going to have “issues” with their heritage gear since the BfA gear did an amazing job being that heritage gear. That said, I have no issues if Blizzard releases multiple recolors for each of the sub-races. In fact, it would be interesting to see the similarity between the orcs and humans in that each are a composite of what were once individual kingdoms/clans.

I would also like to see Blizzard release recolors of the BfA human and orc sets in the additional colors, so players could match the heritage gear to the BfA gear. If Blizzard put those on the Trading Post at a future point, I am pretty sure no one would complain. Well, actually, people would complain, but the majority of players would not.

As far as the discrepancy in design, we haven’t seen the full suite of gear, but some screenshots, but I do agree that orcs should have a kilt option (shaman, priests, mages), but it’s possible, based on some datelined assets from Wowhead, that the orc customization comes from the clan banners, which I do not believe humans would have for theirs - mostly because the Gilneans and Kul’Tirans, who would otherwise have been a part of the “human collective” have their own heritage armor, so Dalaran, Lordaeron, Stromgarde and Stormwind are kind of squished together.

But we shall see - Blizzard hasn’t pushed the actual heritage armor sets out yet.

I was curious to see if you could align colors…

Blue - Frostwolf, Stormwind
Red - Warsong, Stromgarde
Green - Bleeding Hollow, Kul’Tiran
Black - ???, Gilnean
White - ???, Lordaeron (not Forsaken Lordaeron)
Purple - ???, Dalaran
Orange - Blackrock, ???(Alterac was obliterated, I believe))

It would be cool if each heritage set had the matching colors. But we could have:

Blue, Red, White, Purple - humans
Blue, Red, Green, Orange - orcs

That could work.

I’m rambling now, but I do hope that Blizzard considers leaning into the sub races of each and maybe roll out additional appearances.

3 Likes