Email says subscription added, account inactive

Hello! My old debit card expired, and I forgot to update the info before my subscription came around. So I went through the battle net app to renew it with the new card info, and received an email stating “You successfully started a World of Warcraft Subscription - 1 Month”.

However my characters still all say inactive, when checking my account settings my account is marked inactive, and when checking my bank account, there are no pending charges.

Is this just a weird delay sort of thing where the was the email sent prematurely, or was my card not charged and the email was sent in error? Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much! :smiley:

From what I can see, Anya, your subscription failed. I’d recommend doublechecking the method of payment you are using, CC#, Expiration Date, CVV, etc…

If you continue to have an issue please contact our Support Staff, they may be able to figure out why it is failing.

2 Likes

Thank you! The old card was still attached to the account it seems. After adding the new one and deleting the old one it pushed through just fine. Receiving the email is what threw me off. Thanks again!

8 Likes