Elvenbane's Personal Macros

Nothing lights up.

Huh?

The macro should switch from displaying DND to showing Death Grip when you hit SHIFT. If thatā€™s not happening then either:
A) you didnā€™t select the ? for the icon, which you should have.
B) you donā€™t have the macro on your bars, which explains why itā€™s not working.

Ok it works . Not what I wanted it to do, like a cast sequence I used on my shaman for casting totems. Pressing the shift key had me confused. I will play with this to see if it will be better than having the DG and DnD next to each other the action bar. The macro interface would not let me change the icons. Kept defaulting to the icons for DG and DnD. Thank you very much for help.

Hi! Iā€™m working on some macros for my shaman and Iā€™ve been pouring through the threads for answers and I just canā€™t seem to get them to work.

I am playing this shaman as Elemental mostly, but I play Resto pretty frequently too, so I want macros that work basically in both specs but I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible. So this macro, for instance:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, Spec:1] Storm Elemental [mod:shift, Spec:3] Mana Tide Totem; Wind Shear

Putting in a semi colon after storm elemental makes storm elemental work, and taking it out makes mana tide totem work. But I canā€™t seem to get both to work.

When I press shift and I"m in elemental, I want it to cast my storm elemental, but when I press shift and Iā€™m in Resto, I want it to cast MTT. THen I want it to always cast wind shear when I donā€™t press shift. Does that make sense? I feel like if I can figure out how to make THIS ONE work, I will be able to muddle through on all my others that I"m working on. Thank you so much for your time and attention, I really appreciate it!

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,spec:1]Storm Elemental;[mod:shift,spec:3]Mana Tide Totem;Wind Shear

Iā€™m not addressing anything here except the code issues.

This should cast Storm Elemental if youā€™re in the first specialization for Shaman (alphabetically) and you have the shift key held, Mana Tide Totem if youā€™re in the third specialization and you have the shift key held, Wind Shear otherwise.

Sounds like you might not have the macro on your resto bars.

With the ;, like Phodge posted, is the correct syntax. If itā€™s still not working with that edit then we need to know how itā€™s not working to address it further.

Hi I have been using your macros for years now. And for some reason my Earthquake when i use the macro now it only goes under my feet over going where my mouse courser is.

Blizzard has broken some stuff recently with reticle spells.

Thereā€™s some stuff you can try in that thread. Just keep in mind that they broke stuff more at one point, so the workarounds in the earlier posts in that thread donā€™t work anymore.

Yeah itā€™s a damn mess thanks to the tinkering they did in 9.2.5

Assuming you donā€™t care about being able to alt-click to self cast with non-macros, Iā€™d recommend disabling the Interface > Combat > Self Cast Key

Thatā€™s the quickest fix that wonā€™t force you to build new muscle memory.

For any currently non-macroā€™d spells that you still want to be able to alt-selfcast, after disabling the Interface option, use this macro

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [] SPELL