Elite NPC Damage is Way Off (Plausible Evidence)

Sounds fair to me! Thanks for clearing that up!!

Is there work being done to investigate the claims about other non-boss elites doing superbly less damage?

15 Likes

So it indeed show people are wrong about what they remember!!! What a surprise!! Maybe Vanilla was indeed easyier than they remember lol

10 Likes

These are great PR posts. I trust the accuracy of the work you’re showing us.

9 Likes

I think it’s hilarious they linked Asmongold’s video. It shows that they actually watch the streamers, which makes sense. But it’s also nice to know they’re testing things to make sure!

15 Likes

Either way, good to put the issue to rest

already ringing the gong?

4 Likes

That is all cool, save for plugging the streamer.

5 Likes

Hahaha!
nice, thank you guys for responding to this and extremely thank you so much for shutting up these idiots who have “”“perfect memory”"" of what they did 15 years ago.

lmao

13 Likes

I hope they keep busting all of those myths xD! (And obviously correct what would be truly proven to be wrong)

1 Like

The boss damage in the BFD run I watched seemed fine. It’s elite vs non elite mob damage that was weird, and that they could AOE pull higher level elite monsters.

2 Likes

you’re wrong

6 Likes

Why? What comparison are people making when they say, “these mobs don’t hit as hard”? What evidence? Blizzard is really the only ones with the actual evidence. You could look at old videos (if there are any) but there are so many variables that we don’t know and can’t even see. And private servers aren’t accurate at all.

9 Likes

It bothers you that much that people remember something else and want it investigated? Idk why you feel the need to mock them. Should they not be testing?

6 Likes

That boss was never hard.

I’ll be honest, I was much more concerned about the non-boss elite mobs, but I’m glad they at least looked at Rhahk’zor.

17 Likes

How are they wrong when they have the source code and you don’t. Admit it that your precious private servers were wrong.

19 Likes

A lot of people seem to forget that the first dungeons were… really easy. They weren’t designed to test your skill, just the basics. You could do them with an entirely wacky composition.

1 Like

Did you expect him to be anything but soft with all that fat?

1 Like

TBF, also seems reasonable that our attempts and gearing in vanilla were suboptimal compared to now, hence the bigger hits/challenge. Asmon and Esfand took a more widespread arc, going to multiple zones, buying vendor gear, etc. to min-max as they levelled. By the time they were in DM, they were better geared than the average joe that will be going in that just hit westfall and took the gear that dropped.

Tl;dr - we’re better now, so mobs still likely hit harder back then, but now we know how to play/equip more fully to mitigate that damage better. Good to know actual output values on servers are accurate, even if our memories/skill don’t align.

11 Likes

@Kaivax Thank you all for your continued communication and hard work polishing out Classic. <3 <3 <3

3 Likes